Chibitronics: Insects Light Up Card Video Tutorial

 

Happy Independence Day to all of my American friends!  I hope you all are having a wonderful long weekend!

Today I'm over on the Chibitronics YouTube channel sharing how I made today's card...

I began by creating my card base: 5 1/2" x 8 3/4"; scoring at 4 1/4" and 4 1/2".

Next I stamped all the fun insects from the "Night in Flight" stamp set by Catherine Pooler Designs.  I stamped them in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

Without moving the stamps, I stamped them on the inside of the folder too using a lighter ink.  I do this because it makes it easier to position the LED Light Stickers.

Then I colored up the front panel using my Copic Markers.

  • Black Background:  W10, W6, W5, W3
  • Insects: Blues: FB2, FBG2, B00  Yellows: Y15, Y04, Y00  Green: YG17, YG03, YG01  Purple: BV02 

Next I mapped out my entire circuit on my card base print out.  I used the fun stencil from the "Circuit Stickers and Effects Stencil" set.  I planned where all of my lights would go (where all the bug tushies were!), my circuit lines and the placement of my battery.

Pink lines = Negative     Green Lines = Positive

Then I began adding my handy-dandy self-adhesive Copper Tape to my circuit.  I always start my circuit on the negative side.  This allows me to add Copper Tape under the battery housing area first so it touches the bottom of the battery.

Next I created the battery housing using 3D foam tape.  The four sided box holds the battery still so it remains on the circuit lines and acts as my on/off switch when that top cover (clear acetate flap) is pressed.

The Copper Tape begins on the underside of the acetate so it touches the top of the battery and then proceeds to the top of the acetate flap down the side of the 3D foam and onto the stamped panel.

Next I laid down the positive side of the circuit's tape.  Anywhere the two sides of the circuits crossed I used a little paper bridge so the Copper Tape could safely pass over one another.  The pink "O's" are just showing the future location of the LED Light Stickers.

Next I laid down all of my LED Light Stickers in each of their corresponding candle placements.  I used White LED stickers from the White Mega Pack of lights.

Plus I laid down my "Blink" Effects sticker from the Craft Effects Sticker & Stencil set.  For any of the joints on the circuit where I cut the Copper Tape within the circuit I used one of our easy-peasy Conductive Fabric Tape Patches.  This is the way I ensure my circuit joints work well for the circuit.

I also created a little piece of paper to slip in between the acetate flap and the top of the battery so the circuit is not activated in the mail.


Here's the final card...

To check out the entire tutorial on how I created this card, CLICK the image below to check out my video...

I hope you have a wonderful long weekend!

Happy card creating!

~ Ally ~

No comments:

 
09 10