Bowl of Beauty

Happy Saturday! As you can tell I’ve been been super creative all week.  And today’s goodies have to be my favourite of all my projects this week.


These two card feature the brand new digi from Power Poppy called “Bowl of Beauty”… and boy… was this new stamp set rightly named!  It’s a stunner!


I spent many hours colouring these two images using Copic Markers and then adding more fine detail with my Polychromos Pencils.

Which one is your favourite?  The peach one…

A close up…

Both cards feature sentiments from the "Party Time" stamp set.

Or the blue-ish – purple one?

A close up of this one…

I say I love both but the peach one totally takes my heart!!

Now… check out what my fellow digi gals have to share today…

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you love my cards as much as I do!

~ Ally ~


stamps: Power Poppy (Bowl of Beauty, Party Time )
cardstock: Recollections (65# White, 110# White)
ink: Catherine Pooler Designs (Stone Blue, Flirty Fuchsia)
tools: Copic Airbrush System

6 comments:

Marcella Hawley said...

Seriously.... OH MY SWEET LORD. These are more than incredible, Ally, I am panting over here!!! Your coloring, your arrangement of the image on the card, your palettes, your mastery!!!! If I had one of those giant fans made out of palm fronds I would totally fan you all day long, for you are a goddess, girl!!

Leslie Miller said...

You are one amazing colorist, Ally! Saw the peach on IG, but had to come for a closer look and I get the bonus blue one, too! Wow! I love both... those vibrant blues, sigh..., but probably the peach one has my heart along with yours.

Unknown said...

Ohh my, Ally these are both beautiful, so awesome.
But I love the peace one a little more than the blue/purple one. I think because of the way you placed the peace one on your paper and off course the gorgeous colours.
Thank you so much for sharing and have a lovely Sunday.

Nora Noll said...

Do we have to choose? I think both are gorgeous!!! I love the background on the peach and the soft, dreamy look. The purple is powerful and just POPS. Lovely design!

CherylQuilts said...

Ally, WOW...wow, and wow! You are a coloring goddess, for sure! And I can see how creative your week was, but these two cards are probably two of my all-time favorites of yours (I think...hehe!). I love the peach one too that has stolen my heart. I love blue...my favorite color, but I think the layout with the ever-so-soft background is amazing! Both are so exquisitely (for lack of a better word) colored, and I wish I could watch you. That would be a cool real-time video. I always love hearing your voice and hearing your "thoughts" as you think through the creative process in your videos. You totally rock and are my "color hero" always! Sigh....could look at these forever and not get bored. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead. Can hardly wait to see what else comes. Warm, sunny hugs and love, my friend! xoxo

Traci S. said...

WOW! These are fabulous! They have such different looks and feelings! I really love the blues and purples card. An iris is one of my favorite plants and using those colors here just really called to me!

And, what a great example of how using different colors from one card to the next is almost like a completely different card! I think the lighter colors would make such a lovely 50th Anniversary card. Or a thank you note from a bride, or even a beautiful sympathy card. (They don't need to be dark all of the time. These would be wonderful for a Celebration of Life card, birthday card or just a Thinking of You card.

I love these so much! Your card may be my favorite card EVER!

His,
Traci Starkweather

 
09 10