Sweet November Stamps ~ Fairy Sleepover

Happy Saturday all!  Today is release day for the very beautiful new digital stamp set "Fairy Sleepover" by Sweet November Stamps.

For this little collection Amy has created these 4 darling little fairies that are sleeping within a Foxglove flower.  Each fairy is unique in orientation and is drawn both in the flower and on it's own.

I actually used "Fairy Sleepover: Lacey" earlier this week for my Chibitronics project.  You can see that post HERE plus there's a video on how I made the circuit too!

For today's card I decided I was going to be brave and use the "Fairy Sleepover: Foxglove Accessories Set" which contains the all the fairies inside the flower, the accompanying tiny lantern and fireflies plus the Foxglove flower all on it's own.

I began by printing my image onto Neenhah Solar White 80lb cardstock.  I then created a mask by printing the same image out on Eclipse Masking Paper and fussy cutting it out.

I applied the mask and airbrushed the background to appear like a dappled greenery setting.


Then I proceeded to peel off the mask and colored all my sweet little sleeping fairies with Copic Markers.  I really tried to concentrate on getting depth into my flower this time.  I richened the dark areas and used lots of BV Copics in the shadows.

Make sure to check out all these little cuties today in the Sweet November Stamps Shop!

Have a crafty weekend all!

~ Ally ~

No comments:

 
09 10