Sweet November Stamps ~ Meet the Cutest Cattle Dog, Durango!

Happy Saturday all!  Today Sweet November Stamps has a new digi mini release!

Meet the newest digital stamps from the "Dog Park 2"!  Can you say... "Awwww!?!".

Today's card features the adorable "Dog Park 2: Durango the Cattle Dog" digital image along with the "Spring is Back: Background Builder"set for the window and little kitty.

 

Here's a little close up of my Cattle Dog...


As I was completing my card, I took a few pictures along the way to show my process.



I first started with adding a random yellow floral to my walls.  I used a wash of light Copic yellow and then added the bloom and some leaves.  I even used an old paint brush to add some smudges for some authenticity.









Next I colored in the curtains.  I used some dark and medium tone Copic blues.  I aimed to make my curtains look dimensional.









Then I colored in the wood flooring and window sill underneath my kitty.  I layered a few different shades of brown to achieve some depth and I made sure to put some shadowing underneath my critters.







Then came the coloring of the scene outside of the window.  I started by drawing in my evergreen trees using some dark BG greens.

Then I added in the blue to my sky.  I tried to leave a white glow on tops of my trees for a little moon light kissed effect.

I also completed the piece of wood above the window.





Next was the most challenging part!  Mister Durango!

I started with a base of grey for the black areas and a light beige for the tan areas.

I began adding texture slowly by working my way up through my Copic Cool Grey markers.




 

 

I continued to add more depth in the Cattle Dog's coat.  I deepen the shadows and added the tan into his markings.







The final part of the card was the coloring of my kitty.  I decided upon a grey tabby.

For most animals, I try to find a photo of the same animal for reference.  OR use my own pets as reference.  I have a Torti-Tabby myself so I used her markings as a guide!

The last thing was a simple sentiment and another fun scene was born!





Thanks for joining me today!  I hope you have a great weekend!  Happy coloring!

~ Ally ~


No comments:

 
09 10