Catherine Pooler ~ Purple Snowflakes & Poinsettia

 

Happy Saturday all!  Yesterday I decided to pull out some of my new fun Catherine Pooler goodies to create a fun Christmas card.

I grabbed the pretty "In The Tropics Floral" and the "Tussy Mussy" stamp sets plus the previously released "Winter Blessings Sentiments" for a seasonal sentiments.

To begin my card, I cut a 4x5.25 piece of watercolor paper and then blended my 3 purple inks across the background: Serenade, Crushed Violet and Drive-In

Then I die cut a variety of fun snowflakes from the "So Many Flakes" die set and adhered them to the purple background.

Then I stamped the 2 florals and the many leaves from the "In The Tropics Floral" (Be Mine & Pucker Up inks) and the "Tussy Mussy" stamp sets (Serenade & Drive-In inks).  I masked off the blooms and then stamped the leaves from both stamp sets in Sage and Spruce inks.

To add a tiny bit more of dimension to the florals and foliage, I used my Polychromos Pencils to darken some of the details of the blooms and leaves.  I fussy cut out the cluster and adhered it with 3D foam.

To finish off my card, I stamped on the greeting from the "Winter Blessing Sentiments" stamp set in Be Mine ink.  I added a fine splatter of white acrylic paint for a snowy look.

I hope that today's card inspires you to go and create your next holiday card!

Have a great weekend!

~ Ally ~

No comments:

 
09 10