Chibitronics ~ Monster Birthday Light Up Card

 

Happy Friday!  I'm here today to share my latest light up card creation featuring the fun-tastic Chibitronic products!

Today I'm making a fun card for my nephew's birthday coming up next week!  I know he's going to love this interactive card!

To begin my card, I printed out this adorable "Cupcake Monster" digital stamp from Mo Manning of Digital Pencil.  I digitally added the blue and faded green background before printing out my picture.

I also printed out another version without the color so I could use the image as a map for my circuit.

Next I mapped out my entire circuit on my card base print out.  I used the fun stencil from the "Circuit Stickers and Effects Stencil" set.  I planned where all of my lights would go (where all the candles were!), my circuit lines and the placement of my batteries.

Next I started by laying down the negative side of my circuit with my handy-dandy Copper Tape.  I made sure it laid down under both of my battery positions on the card.

Next I built my little battery house.  I placed my 2 batteries into place and built a little 3D foam tape house around them.  Then I added a piece of clear acetate over top with the Copper Tape wrapped around it so it would touch the tops of both of the batteries.  I continued laying down my line of Copper Tape to complete the positive side of my circuit.  Where my positive side had to cross over the negative line of tape, I laid down a small piece of cardstock to create bridge.

Next I laid down all of my LED Light Stickers in each of their corresponding candle placements.  I used red, blue and yellow LED stickers from the Red/Yellow/Blue Mega Pack, then orange, pink and green stickers from the Tropical Lights Mega Pack plus one additional White LED sticker from the White Mega Pack of lights.  I used every single color of light that Chibitronics has on this card - SO FUN!!

Next I added some more 3D foam tape all around the outside of my card base and adhered my card panel down.

And voila!  A super fun interactive birthday card for a special little boy!


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you give these amazing products a try!

~ Ally ~


No comments:

 
09 10