Take The Challenge!

 

Yesterday I was up on the Power Poppy blog sharing a fun challenge where my fellow Bloomie, Gloria Stengel and I challenged each other to create with certain perimeters.  

We decided to:

  • choose 1 or 2 stamps to choose from
  • choose a medium to use
  • choose a fun sketch

The challenge that Gloria sent me was:


I chose to use the bloom filled wellies image from the Garden of Gratitude stamp set.  I stamped the image using Antique Linen Distress ink for a no-line effect and then I water colored them using Derwent Intense Pencils.  Then to add all the fine detail back into my image, I used my Polychromos Pencils.


I haven't watercolored in a long time so it was a great challenge that Gloria had me using this medium.  It was super fun to create this holiday card.

I hope I have inspired to get creating. Click HERE to go and check out the challenge I gave Gloria plus her gorgeous end project!

Have a great week everyone!

~ Ally ~



stamps: Power Poppy (Garden of Gratitude)
watercolor paper: Canson (Cold Press 90#)
cardstock: Catherine Pooler (Chocolate)
inks: Derwent Intense Pencils, Polychromos Pencils, Distress (Antique Linen), Kraftin' Kimmie (Marvellous Mocha)
patterned papers: Simple Stories (Very Merry 6x8), PhotoPlay (Dear Santa 6x6), MFT (Proper pinstripes Pastels 6x6)
dies: MFT (Stitched Rectangles)

No comments:

 
09 10