I'm So Thankful

Howdy all!  TGIF!  I’ve been pumping our the cards this past week.  Lots of Christmas cards getting ready to go up for sale for my Scouts to go to Pacific Jamboree.

I took a break from doing holiday cards and I wanted to play along with Kathy’s “Power & Spark Challenge” for the month of November over at Power Poppy.  The month of November in the US is all about thanksgiving so our challenge is to create a Thanksgiving or Thank You card.  For further details, click here.

I knew I wanted to make a special card for one of my best friends.  She’s always thinking of me and so I thought I’d send her a little reminder of how thankful that she’s a part of my life.

I grabbed a variety of fun stamp sets to create a layered botanical array.  I included the new “Amaryllis Bliss”, “Cabbage and Kale”, “Fortunes of Fall” and some oldies but goodies, “Glistening Paperwhites” and “Succulent Singles”.  Yup… all five stamp sets!

I stamped out my images in Ranger Distress “Antique Linen” ink.  And got a pallet of Catherine Pooler Designs inks ready to use: Sugared Lavender, Royal Treatment, Green Tea, Eucalyptus, Skylight, Spruce, Juniper Mist and Icing on the Cake.

Here’s what my panel looked like after watercoloring the entire image.

Then I used my Polychromos Pencils to add some fine details and depth.
I love how it turned out.  I sure hope my friend likes it too!

Now, take a moment and check out these creations being shared today…
Kathy Jones – go here!

Thanks for joining me today!  Happy creating!

~ Ally ~



stamps: Power Poppy (Amaryllis Bliss, Cabbage and Kale, Fortunes of Fall, Glistening Paperwhites, Succulent Singles)
cardstock: Fabriano (Acquarello Watercolor Paper), Recollections (110# White)
ink:  Ranger Distress (Antique Linen), Catherine Pooler Designs (Sugared Lavender, Royal Treatment, Green Tea, Eucalyptus, Skylight, Spruce, Juniper Mist, Icing on the Cake), Tsukineko  (Versamark)
patterned papers: Recollections (Holiday Bash 6x6)
embossing powder: PKGlitz (Detail Gold)

4 comments:

Parker said...

I'm so impressed at your creative talent on this card. It's so very, very pretty.

Cynthia said...

This is gorgeous, Ally! Thanks for the inspiration.

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Ally, so soft and delicate. Wonderful masking too.

Kathy Jones said...

WOWEE Ally!! This is SO GORGEOUS!! Love the watercolour effect!!

 
09 10