Sweet November & Craft Roulette ~ A Joyful Noise & a SALE!

Happy Tuesday all!  Today I'm combining two ideas for one project!

Today's card was initially created for this week's Craft Roulette episode.  This is my 76th submission.

The four parameters that the wheel gave us this week were:

  • Project: Smaller/Larger (I have one large star and multiple smaller stars.)
  • Colors: Planet Colors (Blue for the sky.  Browns, reds, etc. for the actual planets.)
  • Element: House(es) (Top of the stable - a house for animals)
  • Random: White Border (obvious!)

So this week's card features the adorable "A Joyful Noise" stamp set from Sweet November Stamps.

I first created my background.  I masked off the white borders around the edges and then I masked off the top of the stable.  I applied my Catherine Pooler "Twisted Sunburst Stencil" to the masked off panel and air brushed a dark blue Copic color through the stencil.  I then removed the stencil and sprayed more blue across the panel to soften the white of the page to look more like a nighttime sky.

I drew in the peak of the stable roof and colored everything in with Copic Markers, making sure I added some wood grain to the beams.

I stamped all three angels from the "A Joyful Noise" stamp set with Memento "Rich Cocoa" ink.  I also colored them all all in using Copic Markers.  I used some Polychromos Pencils to add a little more depth and shaded to each one too.

To finish off the card, I used a white gel pen to draw in the large and smaller stars and I also add an embossed sentiment from the same stamp set.

PLUS a SALE...  Sweet November Stamps is have a Christmas in July SALE all month long!  Save BIG...

I hope you join us for the next Crsft Roulette and take a peek at all the fun Christmas stuff on SALE over in the SNS shop!

Ta ta for now!

~ Ally ~

No comments:

 
09 10