Chibitronics ~ Slide Switch Sunset Sunnies *Video*

Happy Wednesday!   Today I'm sharing my latest Chibitronics creation that I've made this week.

This card features cool paper circuit products including the Craft With Lights Kit - Color!  We're going to use all the light sticker rotates through the rainbow of colors from little kit today!

I started today's card by stamping the sunglasses image and sentiment from the Altenew "Spectacular Adventures" stamp set on a card base.  I used 5 Catherine Pooler Designs inks, Chiffon, Bellini, Pucker Up, Serenade and Garden Party, swiped in rows on some white cardstock and then I cut a whole bunch of the glasses shapes using the "Pet Specs" Dies" and adhered to a frame.  I also added some retired MFT striped patterned paper to the frame on the inside.

I also stamped the sentiment and the sunglasses outsides on the inside of the card base to build my circuit upon.

Next I laid out the position of my LED Lights.  I decided to use all 6 colors of lights from the Craft with Lights Kit - Color. I used my Craft Stencil to trace out the 6 shapes onto the inside of the sunglasses lenses.

Next I drew in all the aspects of my circuit.  I used a circle to indicate the location of my battery and then I drew in the location of the negative side of my circuit (in blue).  Please ignore the blue lines below the 6 strips of Conductive Fabric Tape at the bottom of the circuit... I mistakenly added these in but didn't apply any tape to them to create the Slide Switch.

Next I applied a light blocking panel behind my sunglasses image.  I hand cut out the lens shapes so the light only passes through the sun glass's lenses.

Let's finish the circuit!

Next I added the battery, holding it down with the starting end of the Conductive Fabric Tape for the positive side of the circuit.  I made sure to take it down to the location of the LED Light Stickers.

Next I added my six colored LED Light Stickers: yellow, orange, pink, red, blue and green LED Light Stickers.

I folded down the switch panel and closed the top of the card and then tested out my switch...

The way the switch works, is as you slide your fingers down the sentiment, pressing down, you complete the circuit underneath each light sticker so the lights light up!  Fun right?!?!

Make sure to check out the actual video tutorial by clicking the image below...

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a wonderful week!

~ Ally ~

No comments:

 
09 10