Chibitronics ~ Lighthouse Beams

TGIF!  Today I'm sharing my latest Chibitronics light up card creation.

I began today's card by creating my scene.  I first stamped the background pattern from the "Through the Prism" stamp set from Catherine Pooler Designs using Bellini ink. 

On a separate piece of cardstock, I stamped the rose adorned lighthouse and the rose bouquet from the "Scenic Lighthouses" stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I used the solid stamps for each of those images and ink blended a base of Bellini ink over the images. I used a variety of Copic Markers to color over that light peachy ink to add color and depth to all the rose details.  I fussy cut out each image.

Then I die cut the "Hello Die" twice; once in white and another in black cardstock.  I inked up the white cardstock with a gradient of Aquatini and Daydream inks.

I also die cut some leaves using the retired "Fallen Leaves Dies" from vellum.


I took my lighthouse, the roses, the 3 vellum leaves and the double Hello sentiment and adhered them to my stamped card front.

Then I began to plan out my circuit.  So on the inside of my 3D folded panel, I partially stamped the light portion of the lighthouse and the roses in the same location they are found on the card front.  Next I used my Craft Stencil to map out the location of my 2 Gem Blink Animating White LED Light Stickers.  These stickers are BRAND NEW and will be released the first week of September.  I also laid out the position of the battery and the negative and positive sides of the circuit.

Next I laid my Conductive Fabric Tape down on the negative side of the circuit. Then I framed in my battery housing using some 3D foam in preparation for my battery and the beginning of the positive side of the circuit.  I also placed a row of 3D foam adhesive around the outer edges of the panel.

Next, I created a paper flap and begin the positive side of my circuit.  I began my Conductive Fabric Tape end under the flap and then proceeded to take the tape up to finish off the circuit.

And last of all, I added my 2 Gem Blink Animating White LED Light Stickers. These lights when activated, the blink on and off!  SO cool!


Here is what it looks like all lit up. All you have to do is press on the rose to close the circuit and light up those blinking white LED lights!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope this inspires you too to create a fun and interactive card creation soon!

~ Ally ~

No comments:

 
09 10