Chibitronics ~ Light Up Gnomies with Fading Lights!

Howdy and happy Friday!  We are just beginning our Victoria Day weekend holiday here in Canada and as always, the weather is yucky!  That's typical for Alberta for weather on May 2-4 weekend.  Good thing we're not out camping!

Today I'm sharing a fun light up interactive card featuring the Fade Effects Circuit Sticker!

Here's what it looks like...

My card includes the adorable Twistoon digital stamps "Candle Gnome" and "Milly Lantern Gnome".  Aren't they adorable?  The entire image was colored in using Copic Markers.  I also used the My Favorite Things "Interactive Labels" stamp set to add the "Press Here" in white embossing to the front of the card.

Here is the card all lit up...

Let's go and find out the insides and the circuit are created.

First I created the panel for the front of my card.  This allows me to place my light stickers under the proper spots in the panel.

Then I used my stencil from the "Circuit Stickers Effects Add-On +Stencil" package and I traced all the places where my little triangular light stickers would go.

I also traced the large triangular shape to indicate where my Effect Sticker would go.  In this case, I used the FADE sticker.

Then I mapped where my batteries would be placed and completed the circuit by mapping out the location of all my Copper Tape lines would go: positive and negative sides of the circuit.

Here's a closer look at the circuit...

Next I laid now the negative side of the Copper Tape for my circuit.  I did this first so the Copper Tape can run underneath the battery housing and to ensure the batteries had contact with this side of the circuit.

Then I created the battery housing.  I used 3D foam adhesive and built a tight little box around the two CR2032 batteries so they didn't move around at all.

I used a piece of clear acetate to create the flap over top of my 2 batteries.  I wrapped the Copper Tape underneath and around this flap so the Copper Tape touched the top of the batteries and then ran it down the edge of the foam tape carefully and then completed the rest of the circuit.

The last thing to do was add the Fade Effects Sticker and the fun Yellow LED Light Stickers.

And this completed the circuit inside my card!  SO EASY and quick!

Check out the card in its full glory... HERE on YouTube.

I hope you have a creative day!

~ Ally ~

 

 

No comments:

 
09 10