Merry and Bright in Non-Traditional Holiday Colors

Today I’m sharing another festive card featuring products from the Catherine Pooler Designs and Sizzix collaboration. For this design, I stepped away from traditional holiday reds and greens and created a soft, modern woodland scene using warm peach and vibrant pink tones.

I began by securing the Star on Top layered stencils in the Print & Pattern Tool. For the first stencil layer, I softly blended Clay Mask ink over the trees and added a light layer of Pucker Up ink toward the treetops. I repeated the same color combination with the second stencil layer, using a heavier hand to deepen the shades and bring definition to the overlapping trees.


To coordinate the greeting with the background, I created a separate ink-blended swatch using the same Clay Mask and Pucker Up combination. I then die cut the large “Merry” greeting using the new Oh So Merry Dies. I love how the blended cardstock carries the color palette into the sentiment while the playful lettering adds a bold focal point.

To complete the greeting, I stamped “and bright” from the Warm Winter Wishes Sentiments stamp set and added it on a slim banner beside the die-cut word. A splattering of Pearl Shimmer across the background added the perfect finishing touch of snowy sparkle.


I absolutely love the cheerful, non-traditional colors on this holiday card. The combination of peach, pink and shimmer gives the winter trees such a warm and whimsical feel!

You can find these products in the Catherine Pooler shop!

~ Ally ~ 

No comments:

 
09 10