A Rich and Layered Holiday Wreath

Hello, crafty friends! Today I’m sharing another festive card created with the new Catherine Pooler Designs and Sizzix collaboration. For this project, I used the gorgeous Holiday A-door-nment Die Set, a delightful collection featuring a large wreath base, extra leaves, berries, a layered bow and playful star accents. It is perfect for creating cozy Christmas cards, gift tags and beautiful seasonal décor.

To create the wreath, I first made my own watercolor-inspired paper using Sage, Eucalyptus, Spruce, Matcha and Succulent inks. Once the paper was dry, I die-cut the main wreath and several additional leaves, giving me a lovely assortment of greens with natural variations in color and texture. I layered the extra leaves around the wreath to make it feel especially full and dimensional, then added small white splatters for a snowy finishing touch.

For a bright pop of traditional holiday color, I die-cut the berries from Rockin’ Red cardstock and scattered them throughout the greenery. The large layered bow became the star of the design, with its bold red pieces and elegant gold cardstock accents. I love how the metallic details define each section of the bow and add a touch of holiday shine.


The greeting comes from the new Warm Winter Wishes Sentiments Stamp Set. I chose the ornate circular “Merry” sentiment and heat embossed it in gold, then tucked it behind the bow so it appears to be hanging in the centre of the wreath. The gold embossing coordinates beautifully with the bow accents and the thin metallic layer framing the card panel.

I absolutely love how rich and layered this card turned out! The mix of watercolor textures, dimensional greenery, vibrant red details and touches of gold gives this classic Christmas wreath a warm and elegant feel.

~ Ally ~ 

No comments:

 
09 10