Let's Hit the Books!

Happy Friday all!  It’s a new month so that means over at Power Poppy we have a brand new Power & Spark Challenge beginning.  This month’s challenge is all about Hitting the Books!

Hosted by the extra talented Katie Sims, she is challenging people to use something book related on your card or project.  I chose to pull out some fun newsprint patterned paper by KaiserCraft and the glorious “Succulent Singles” stamp set.
I stamped the largest succulent image multiple times across the paper and then cut out different layers and pieces of the plant and layered them to make my final image pop.  I also used a sentiment from the same stamp set for my card as well.

Here’s a little close up!
I hope you’ll join us this month for the challenge.  You could WIN $50 to spend in the Power Poppy Shop!  Good luck!

Now… on to some more inspiration…
Christine Okken – go here next!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have an amazing weekend of creating!

~ Ally ~


stamps: Power Poppy (Succulent Singles)
cardstock: Recollections (110# White)
patterned paper: KaiserCraft (Wonderland 6.5”x 6.5”)
ink:  Memento (Rich Cocoa), Versamark, Copic Markers
embossing powder: Recollections (Detail Gold)
other: Sulky (gold thread), Tan thread

5 comments:

Jean said...

Love this!!!

Katie Sims said...

Oh my gosh, Ally!!!! I L-O-V-E everything about this card! That book print succulent is brilliant, and your layout is simply stunning. This one goes in my Top 10 Favorite Ally cards, for sure! :)

Jean said...

Love this!! Great flower!

LOU said...

Gorgeous card Ally!

Cindy Holmes said...

WOW COOL CARD! I am really loving the layering of the succulent! I also love the different patterned paper that you have used also! They really goes very nicely together!

 
09 10