Christmas in September?

Yup... you read that right!! I’ve already begun the long haul of Christmas card  creations for all my friends and family.  I think Christmas cards are my all time favorite cards to create.  There’s just something so beautiful about snow and greenery and the happiness of the season.  To get the creative juices flowing I've also had the holiday tunes a playin' too! :)

So today I’m sharing a card using the Power Poppy stunning “Poinsettia” stamp set collection.  I also incorporated a sentiment from the “Wreaths Plain & Fancy” set as well.
Copic Markers: G00, G02, G03, YG0000, YG00, YG01, Y15, R000, R00, R01, R02, BG72, BV31, BV23

Here’s a little close up of the Glaze pen on my poinsettia centers  and pomegranates, along with some Clear Wink of Stella on the pinky coloured banner.

Today's card was based on the newest sketch by Freshly Made Sketches, #253:
 
 
Marcella has a fun & DIFFERENT kind of challenge going on this month.  It’s called the “Power & Sparklette” Challenge!  To find out what it’s all about and what your first mini challenge is, click right here.

Now come and check out what the rest of the Bloom Brigade has been up to these days…
Allison Cope – you are here!
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you enjoy the Blog Hop today!

~ Ally ~


Supplies:
stamps:  Power Poppy (Poinsettia, Wreaths Plain & Fancy)
cardstock: Stampin’ Up! (Whisper White, Crisp Cantaloupe)

dies:  My Favorite Things (Stitched Circles, Dimensional Banners, Stitched Mini Scalloped Ovals), Simon Says Stamp (Stitched Squares)
ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black), Wink of Stella (Clear),Copic Markers
patterned paper:  Lawn Fawn (Perfectly Plaid Christmas 6x6)
sequins:  Pretty Pink Posh (Sparkling Clear 4mm).

11 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Ally your colouring is so light and airy and yet full of depth with the lovely shades of shadow. Beautifully composed design!

Marcella Hawley said...

Just seeing this gorgeous interpretation of the Poinsettia stamp has me completely inspired for Christmas!!! It's so special, Ally.

Lisa Lara said...

WOW ally! Just beautiful and unique. Love it.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Ally, I love Christmas all year-round, and I love this beautiful card! Wow, the soft colors are beautiful with the great plaid DP. And what a great sketch you chose! Stunning, sweet friend! I was just talking to DH about ramping up on my cards for Christmas...were you listening? Hehe! Hugs!

Danni said...

This is so beautiful! The softness you achieved is amazing!

Gloria Stengel said...

Stunning! I just ordered this set...I cannot WAIT to color it!

Jen Brum said...

What a beautiful Christmas card! I love your colouring and of course a little bit of shimmer! So pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Mitchell said...

What a beautiful Christmas card. I love how you've colored that poinsettia! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is just so lovely! Your poinsettia is coloured so softly! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Linda Pekrul said...

Love, love, LOVE this!

Linda Pekrul said...

Love, love, LOVE this!

 
09 10