Pink & Main ~ Stay Sparkly Mermaids

Happy Tuesday all!  Today I'm sharing another fun card featuring the May release from Pink & Main.

I started by making my background for my little mermaid friends.  I used a variety of blue shades of Distress Oxides and swiping and blending them together.  If you're interested in how I did this EASY background, you can check out my live tutorial over the Scrap 'N Stamp FB page HERE.

Next I stamped out my two lil mermaids, some fish and a shell  from the "Stay Sparkly" stamp set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored them up with Copic Markers.  I trimmed the grassy blades from the side of the one mermaid and added them to the sand bottom instead. I cut everything out using their coordinating dies.

I die cut out the tea pot from "Tea Party Dies" and coloured my die cut in.  I tried to make it look like it was older and even had a few cracks in it under the sea.

Next off I torn some kraft cardstock into a few strips and added them layered to the bottom of my sea background.  I tucked the shell, tea pot and grasses into the layers sometimes elevating them with 3D foam adhesive.  Then I added the 2 mermaids and their fishy friends to the sea scape.

For the sentiment, I took a greeting from the "Tea Time" stamp set and stamped on my sandy bottom. I think the tea related and "bestie" sentiment goes well with the scene!

As a finishing touch, I added some dots to the sand and some bubbles to the water.

Such a fun card to make!

Make sure you check out all the new products from Pink & Main today.  They have some VERY COOL foil products too!

Have a fantastic rest of the week!

~ Ally ~

No comments:

 
09 10