Scrap 'n Stamp ~ Designers Choice Blog Hop

Welcome to the November Scrap 'N Stamp Blog Hop!  The hop is going to feature all kinds of fun inspiration and even some new (and on SALE) items from Prism Studio.

For my card today, I used the gorgeous new "Canada Jay + Cedar Waxwing" bird dies and the beautiful new "Stitched Rectangles" dies from Prism Studio.

I cut my bird die cuts from Prism Studio "Solar White Ultra Smooth" cardstock and then inked them up using Distress Oxides.  I used Tea Dye, Rusty Hinge, Scattered Straw, Vintage Photo, Pumice Stone and Black Soot for my Cedar Waxwing bird.

To create by background I splattered Weathered Wood, Speckled Egg and Iced Spruce Distress Oxide inks across a piece of water color paper.  I used the same 3 inks to create a piece of water color paper to die cut the evergreen boughs from as well.  

To create the frame, I used 2 of the "Stitched Rectangle" dies to cut a frame from the new Prism Studio light blue glitter cardstock.

The simple greeting (and evergreen dies) are from the Hero Arts "Winter Foliage Stamp XL" set.  I embossed the greeting in white embossing powder and then added more Versamark ink, to add a layer of sparkly blue embossing powder to the top to bring in the same glitter color as the frame.

We also have a Prism Studio sale on!  Save 25% this week only!  

Make sure you check out their: 

  • A2 Card Blanks & Envelopes = they contain UNGUMMED envelopes which make them easier to decorate or line for customization
  • Hot Foil Plate - Solid Rectangle = this inexpensive plate is fantastic for foiling the negatives of your already foiled images (great price!!)
  • Tool Stand = this heavily weighted tool keeper works with all kinds of tools allowing them to remain upright on your crafting space; I use mine for my mini blending brushes 

 

GIVEAWAY DETAILS!!

  1.  Hop along and LEAVE A COMMENT on each designers blog post.
  2.  A WINNER will be chosen by each designer along the hop to receive something the designer has USED on their project for a person to WIN.
  3. Winners will posted on the Scrap 'N stamp blog.  Good luck!

👉 NEXT BLOG:  TARA NIXON COX

Thanks for stopping by and GOOD LUCK!

~ Ally ~


3 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

I love the sparkle and the beautiful bird! Pretty card!

Dawn S. said...

Beautiful card! I love the glitter cardstock and the sweet bird with the little twig in its beak!

cm said...

Even though I'm scared of birds, yours here is absolutely beautiful! Such a pretty card to highlight Prism Studio products! I really need to check out their nesting dies...and papers...and blending brushes...and everything!
~carol

 
09 10