Chibitronics - Vampire Light Up Card

Howdy and happy Monday!

Today I'm over on the Chibitronics YouTube channel sharing a fun and interactive Halloween card tutorial today.

I began my card by created the die cut vampire from Sizzix from the "Costume Party, Colorize" die set.  I die cut all the elements from white cardstock and used some Copic Markers to color all the layers and adhered them together.  I have also cut out some black cardstock and patterned papers from the Simple Stories "Spooky Nights 6x8" paper pad using the Catherine Pooler Designs "Scallops and Dots Dies".

For the card today, we're using the Chibitronics "Circuit Sticker Effects", the "Heartbeat" sticker, Copper Tape and Yellow LED light stickers from the "Red, Yellow, Blue MegaPack".

Here is a close up of the circuit I created for the vampire's eyes.  I just LOVE those cool "Effects" stickers and can't wait to use up the other 3 effects found in the package (blink, fade and twinkle).

Once my circuit was complete, I used adhesive foam tape to build up the background of the panel to allow for the 3 dimension of the battery housing.  Since foam does not conduct electricity, you can place it right over top of the Copper Tape.

And VOILA... a light up Vampire!  Make sure to check out the video for a final peek at those blinking eyes!

To see this circuit being made and in action, CLICK HERE for the full video!

Thanks for taking the time to check out my fun card tutorial today!

Come back soon for more inspiration!

~ Ally ~

No comments:

 
09 10