Quite Like You!

Happy Saturday everyone!  Time for another fun Saturday Challenge over at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!

This week's challenge is to use CIRCLES!

For my interactive card I used the super adorable "Out of this World" stamp set.

For my card, I started with a white cardstock panel and then blended a whole bunch of fun KKS inks on it; Charming Chartreuse, Morning Marigold, Pink Pizzazz, Purple Pansy and Amazing Azure.

Then I added Wicked Black ink over the whole panel leaving some of the bright colours showing through in some areas of the paper.  I then splattered it with some FineTec metallic paints in Red and Red-Brown.  I also sponged some of the fun dots through the "Lots of Dots Stencil" using some White Acrylic paint. I also sponged the white paint through the medium circle in the "Krafty Scenery Stencil" to create my planet in the sky.

I used the tiny circle die from the MFT "Launch Party Die" to die cut the holes for my stars.

Next, I used the card front panel and traced my star holes onto my card base using a pencil.  Then I used the Copper Tape and created a positive and a negative trail from my battery pocket to each one of the penciled in circles.  Then I added one Chibi light to each of the star areas making sure that the positive terminal and the negative terminals where lined up on the correct sides of the light stickers.  I also built a paper bridge over top of the one copper tape run to make it easier to run another copper tape line.

This is what the battery pocket looks like with the copper tape on the top flap of the pocket to ensure contact with the battery.  It wraps from the inside of the flap right onto the top of the flap and down to the card base paper.

Next I created a doubled up 3D foam area around the battery to ensure the battery stayed in place.  Then I added more doubled foam to the card base panel to make everything level.  I made sure to leave spaces where the lights were PLUS the copper tape is so thin and the foam tape isn't conductive so I put the foam right over top of the copper tape.

And here's the final card all lit up.  I'll be sure to put a "Press Here" message where the recipient is supposed to press on the card front.

Plus... don't forget that this weekend Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps is having a fun on-line crop!  There will be 8 fun challenges for you to participate in.  I hope you can join us on our KKS Krafty Friends Facebook page, HERE.


Thanks for stopping by!  I'd love to hear what you think about my card!

Happy creating!

~ Ally ~


Picture links available for ease of shopping...

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

 
09 10