Little Yellow Submarine

Happy Sunday!  Have you come and checked out the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps "Spring Krafty Krop" yet?  Click here to see what we're up to!

For challenge #7, I wanted to create a super fun interactive card for one of my nephews.  For this challenge, as you can see below, you had to choose 3 elements listed to use on your card.


I chose to use; slimline card, stitching and stencilling.

So here is the finished card featuring the fun "Underwater Fun" stamp set.

And here is the WOW factor.... it lights up!  YUP!!!

So here's a quick tutorial on how I made this card.

1.  I stamped my images on 2 pieces of cardstock.  I coloured everything with Copic Markers but I ink blended my back ground using Amazing Azure, Sparkling Sapphire and Stormy Sky inks.  I used the "So Many Circles Stencil" and some white pigment ink to stencil on the bubbles.

2. I fussy cut out the window and the helmet from the top panel.

3. Next I built a battery house and laid down a row of copper tape for the negative and positive lines.  Then I stuck down the white LED light stickers from Chibitronics.

4. Then I framed in all my windows and the helmet using doubled foam tape.  You can lay the foam right over top of that copper tape.

5. Next I cut really thin silver metallic paper strips and backed them with really thin Scor Tape and ran them around the outside of all the windows to allow the lights to reflect back over the images.  It really did allow the light to better transmit across the faces.

6. I removed the foam tape backer paper and laid the top panel across the foam taped lower layer.

TIP:  When using my stitched line on the "Patterned Parade Stencil" with my white gel pen, I used a thin piece of Post-It Note Tape on the back to create a very simple little lip for my stencil to sit against the card panel to keep it straight!  Yup... super fun tip!


I hope you'll come join in the fun!  Hope to see you there!

~ Ally ~

Pictures for ease of shopping...

No comments:

 
09 10