Craft Roulette with Sandy Boone


So I few weeks ago I was introduced to a new-to-me challenge called Craft Roulette with Mary Gunn.  I was intrigued so I decided to check it out.

Every Friday evening at 6:30pm CST Mary invites a crafty guest along to create with her.  She has a fun Roulette style wheel with corresponding challenge criteria.  Four perimeters are determined by spinning the wheel and then Mary and her guest create using those perimeters.

Tonight, one of my lovely bosses Sandy Boone, owner of Three Room Studio was Mary's guest.

For this challenge, #49, the following perimeters were determined by the wheel:

PROJECT: Fancy Fold Card
COLORS: Any 4 colors
ELEMENT: Floral Cluster
RANDOM: Dry Embossing

Here is the card using those 4 perimeters...

For the Fancy Fold aspect, the lower plaid panel actually swings out to allow the card to be opened.

I used the "Yay! Dies" set to dry emboss my greeting for a textured effect instead of using a scoring tool or embossing folder.

I used the "Yay!" stamp set for my greeting, the "Mom's Hibiscus" stamp set for the cluster of flowers and the "Believe in Fairies" stamp set for my little fairy.

I had a blast creating.  I'm finding that the challenge is pushing my creativity and use of stuff that maybe I've set aside.

Come and play along using those 4 criteria listed above.

You have to be a member to participate.  It's FREE Visit Mary's Facebook Page HERE!

You can submit your entry HERE.  You have 48 hours from the time the challenge begins to submit your creation.

Happy creating!

~ Ally ~

 

stamps: Three Room Studios (Yay!, Believe in Fairies, Mom's Hibiscus)
cardstock: Recollections (110# White)
ink: KKS (Wicked Black), Copic Markers
patterned paper: MFT (Plaid Patterns 6x6)
dies: TRS (Yay! Dies)
other: Stickles (Diamond)

1 comment:

Mary Gunn FUNN said...

Thank you for the shout out! Your card is adorable.

 
09 10