Chibitronics - Blinking Mushroom Card

Happy Wednesday all!   Today I'm over on the Chibitronics YouTube channel showing you how I made today's blinking mushroom card.

You can click the image below and check out the whole circuit building technique. 


Now... a little run down as to how I made this circuit using photos.

I first created the 2 panels of my mushroom background and two little mushroom gals.  These images are from the Sweet November Stamps digital images, Midsummer Mushroom Collection, "Amanita" and "Button".

I used the outline of my mushroom cap and located the 4 positions of my LED Lights on my image.  I then took my Craft Stencil and outlined all of the 4 positions of my light stickers on my circuit base.

I placed my Battery Holder under what will be my sentiment location will be to create my switch for my circuit.  The Battery Holders are very easy to use - it's just a peel and stick.

Next I drew the lines of my circuit.  Starting with the negative side of the circuit, I drew my blue line from the inside bottom of the Battery Holder all the way up to the "pointy" ends of the light stickers.

Then I drew the red lines of the circuit, the positive side of the circuit. In this case, they're sharing a single line of the circuit.

I decided to add my 4 Animating White Blink LED Light Stickers to their locations along the circuit.  Just peel and stick! You can add your stickers first before applying your Conductive Tape or afterwards!

Next I added the Conductive Fabric Tape to my circuit.  I started by applying a single piece of Conductive Tape across the LED Light Stickers and the adding an additional line of tape to take it into the base of the Battery Holder to make contact with the bottom of the battery.

You can cut your Conductive Fabric Tape easily to make another connection point on your circuits. You just have to make sure you overlap your tape.

The positive line of the circuit always starts inside the flap of the Battery Holder.  This end of the tape must contact the battery when the switch is activated/pressed. 


And finally to complete the circuit, I peeled the backer off the C-shaped foam and adhered inside the Battery Holder.  This foam holds the 3V Battery in place so it doesn't move around.  Take off the backer paper on the top of the foam C and close the lid of the Battery Holder and test your circuit!

And voila!  Here's what the card looks like all lit up!  Just press the switch, in this case, pres the word "Spore" and the card lights up and begins to blink!!!

Don't forget to check out how this circuit was built over on the YouTube channel!

Thanks for stopping by!

~ Ally

No comments:

 
09 10