Masked Birthday Wishes

TGIF everyone!  After close to a month of almost no creating, I’m back in the saddle for another week.  I will probably be off next week as I have to have a second surgery for this year.  Good bye uterus… lol!  Trust me… it’s a good thing.

Now, let’s create!

Today I’m creating with a few Power Poppy clear stamps; Sweet Memories (Sweet Peas), Vibrant Thanks (Zinnias), Countryside Bouquet Deluxe (Cosmos) and Party Time (sentiment).


L (above left): I die cut some letters to spell “HAPPY” using some stamping masking paper.
R (above right): I placed them on my die cut piece using a ruler to ensure they were straight.  I pressed down the masks using a bone folder for good contact.

L: I stamped all of my images using Memento “Tuxedo Black” ink over top of the masked letters.
R: I traced the masks using a Copic Multiliner 0.25 before removing them.

L:  Then I removed the masks.
R: I applied a layer of BV20.  I also used a Copic Blender to help soften the edges of the BV20.

L: I added some BV23, blending it out with BV20.
R: I added some darker purple BV25 and blended it out with BV23.

L: I added a slight line of BV29 to the bottom and left sides of all of my letters.  Then I added G20 to all of the greenery as my base color.
R: I added some G40 and G46 to some of the leaves and bases of the blooms.  I blended them with the G40.

L: I colored the Zinnia and Cosmo blooms using YR21, then YR12.  Blending them again with YR21.
R: I colored the Sweet Peas with R11 then R12 and then blended them with the R11 again.

L: To brighten my greenery, I added some touches of YG01 and then a bit more of G43 to darken some areas.
R: I stamped just the “BIRTHDAY!” part of the stamp from the “Party Time” stamp set on a piece of white cardstock.  Then I trimmed it into a thin strip.

L: I added the greeting strip to the card front using foam adhesive.
R: I cut a piece of stripped white and black diagonally striped patterned paper to put on my card front and then colored in a few of the strips to match the colors in my card.

And here are all the Copic Markers I used again for my card…

I just love the end result!  What about you?

Don't forget to check out my fellow Bloom Brigade creations shared today...

Cindy Lawrence-- go here next!

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my tutorial today.  I hope I inspire you to try some letter masking today.

~ Ally ~


Supplies:
stamps: Power Poppy (Sweet Memories (Sweet Peas), Vibrant Thanks (Zinnias), Countryside Bouquet Deluxe (Cosmos) and Party Time)
cardstock:  Recollections (110# White Cardstock)
inks: Memento (Tuxedo Black), Copic Markers (see list above)
dies: MFT (Little Letters), Sizzix (Rectangles; Dotted)
other:  Inkadinkado (Stamping Mask Paper)

3 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

WOW! Ally, you are amazing, and thank you SO much for this great tutorial! I love your card and love how you've used the block letter dies...totally in awe of your creativity (for the umpteenth time...hehe!). But I truly love how you've created what some stamp companies have stamps for...why when you can do this?!?! Love your beautiful colors, and thanks again for the tip about the Notes and Colors you use. I have my messy way of doing it, but I need to print out some of these and use them! Thanks so much, and I'm praying for your upcoming surgery. Yes, who needs a uterus when it's a problem? I loved not having mine when I had mine out early. You won't miss "you know what!" Warm and loving hugs, sweet friend! Easy does it! xoxo

Camille Short said...

Ooooh, such a pretty card!

ChristineCreations said...

Ally every bit of this is gorgeous, the masking and combination of blooms - right down to the subtle colors of stripes you coloured in. A beauty!

 
09 10