Opposites Attract!


This week's Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge involves opposites. For the challenge you had to create 2 cards that were opposites in their appearance using the same exact image.

Here's my sneak peek...
The image I chose to use is the evergreen & roses image from the Flourishes "Petals & Peace" stamp set.

My first card is a nontraditional coloured Christmas card. I used pinks, teals and white as my colour palette. I rounded all of my corners. I water coloured my white embossed image using Tattered Angels' mists. I also used a pin and some bingy flowers!

A Rosy Christmas

Supplies: stamps, Flourishes; die cuts, Spellbinders; branch punch, Martha Stewart; flowers, Jesse James; pin, Maya Road; inks, Tattered Angels Mists, Ranger, Versamark; cardstock, Papertrey Ink, Bazzill; other, thread, ribbon.

For my second card, I decided to remain monochromatic. So I embossed my image with silver embossing powder and left it uncoloured. I did add a little bit of ink around my edges and then created a layered look with simple white rustic cardstock from Papertrey Ink.

Silver & White Christmas

Supplies: stamps, Flourishes; die cuts, Spellbinders; inks, Ranger, Versamark; cardstock, Papertrey Ink; other, ribbon.

As you can see I'm a card making machine! I'm trying to catch up on all the holiday cards I have to make and send today! Thanks for stopping by!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh my Gosh, your cards are Super GORGEOUS!!! I love them both but that first one has me over the moon swooning all the way!! I love that white embossing then watercoloring it in! Love them both very much :)

Beate said...

Wow. Both cards look AMAZING! I love your take on the challenge. Thanks so much in participating in the Timeless Tuesday Challenge.
Hugs and smiles

Silke Ledlow said...

Allison, these are two gorgeous opposite cards! Fabbo look on both! Thanks for joining us...hugs and happy holidays, ~S~

Mona Pendleton said...

STUNNING! BOTH of these cards are incredibly beautiful! Thanks for joining along with FTTC :)

Heather Rogers said...

How did I miss this one? They are beautiful. I love the image stamped in white. Thanks so much for playing at FTTC. :)

 
09 10