Papertrey Ink - Blog Hop


I love the Papertrey Ink stamps! And I'd forgotten that they were having a Blog Hop (details here) this evening so this was my 30 minute throw together card.... after 2 cards trashed!

The challenge this month was use a transparency. I used Hambly Studio's grid transparency as my card base and sewed on some Heidi Swapp mini star transparencies that had each been stamped with different images from the PTI set "Butterfly Kisses".



I cut my moon shape using my circle Spellbinder's Nestabilities and then embossed it using my Cuttle bug embossing folder.

I embossed the background white paper with my scalloped sqaure Nestabilities and then before removing the die, I inked it with a soft blue Colorbox chalk ink for a nice soft sky feel.

I stamped the sentiment from "Out on a Limb" set using my Ranger Archival ink.

I inked my stars with Staz-On and sewed them with orange floss for an added touch of colour.

I added a ribbon bow and it was complete!


Thanks for visiting my blog this evening! Have fun blog hopping!

31 comments:

Scrapping Julie said...

WOW!!! totally awesome card!

Kristie Larsen said...

holy canoly! This is absolutely wonderful, lovely and inspiring!

Anonymous said...

LoVe iT!!! You did a fantastic job!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

~ Pam

One Creative Life said...

Wow this is great. Thanks for sharing.~Erica

Kacey Elliott said...

WOW! You covered it all! This is awesome! So creative!

Chris said...

this is super cute!!!

Donelda said...

wow, a brilliant use of transparency. love the grid lines!! and love the excess white on the transpaency too. All the details make it so creative!! Thanks for sharing.

Lesly said...

Wow! That's incredible!

IamDerby said...

wow this is so creative. tfs

Latisha said...

How awesome is this!

Niki Estes said...

Great card! Love the embossed moon and the stamping on the stars!

Deanna said...

Um yeah... u rock like Phil Collins, u r my idol!

K said...

LOVE this! The moon is my favorite.

Regan said...

I could just about kiss you- this is awesome!!!

Janette said...

this card came together beautifully!

Kimberly Crawford said...

WOWEE!! Stunning card!! Its just lovely!!

amber said...

Ally, this rocks! I love the colors, the moon, and the stars. This has so much detail!

Jenn said...

This is lovely!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

THis is just gorgeous! WOW!

Kevin Renz said...

Great card! I love how you used the nestability, makes a great background.

Terri said...

Nice job. I really admire you for coming up with something so cool in 30mins.

Anonymous said...

Great card! I just love your stars. They're just the perfect embellishment.

Kathleen said...

This is so pretty---and I love this sentiment---one of my favorites!

Anonymous said...

Woman, your card is STUNNING!!! I LOVE it. You're just awesome :)

Charlene Austin said...

Stop it! How can one person be so talented. I am in awe!!

Unknown said...

This is soooo cool

Heidi Brand said...

Ally, this card is so gorgeous. I think we should give Todd all the kiddos to look after and we should have a scrapping/card making day!

Lisa Watson said...

That card is super cute!!!!

teresamatz said...

wow, amazing card!

Laura Gilhuly said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julia said...

Great card! Loving all the texture and transparency!!!

 
09 10