Scrap 'N Stamp ~ Manly Masterpieces Hop *PRIZE*

Welcome to the Scrap 'N Stamp Manly Masterpieces Blog Hop!

Today's card features the very dapper Lavinia "Small Compass" stamp set!  My husband is a sailor and so I'm always attracted to things that are sailing related.  Of course, a compass is used in other ways like orienteering (ask me how I know... Scout Leader here!

So I started out my card by created a background.  For my background, I stamped the compass image in random spots all over the watercolor paper.  Then I applied some light washes of several Catherine Pooler Designs inks including, Tranquil, Cove Blue and Mardi Gras.


I also used the All & Create "Cascading Dots #173" stencil to add some random dots on my grungy background.


For the finishing touches, I used the Happy Birthday die from one of my favorite stamp & dies sets, the Hero Arts "Stamp & Cut XL - Birthday" set using some Prism Studio "Solar White" and "Iris" cardstock.  I adhered them both together with a slight offset so the white sentiment would break up the sentiment from the card base.

Lastly, I added a heat embossed compass image on a piece of vellum just below the sentiment.  It's a little more texture to the card with the vellum and the raised embossed image.

We also have some shop SALES to go along with our fun theme. Check out the SALES for this event!


This is our hop rotation this month...

Scrap'n Stamp Blog
Meghan
Kate
Allison
Deepa <== GO HERE!
Tara
Tracey

Now for the GIVEAWAY details...

 GIVEAWAY DETAILS!!

  1.  Hop along and LEAVE A COMMENT on each designers blog post.
  2. One WINNER will be chosen to receive a $50 gift certificate to the store.
  3.  Winners will posted on the Scrap 'N Stamp blog on June 18th.  Good luck!

Thanks for stopping by!  Happy hopping and GOOD LUCK!

~ Ally ~ 

8 comments:

Dean B said...

Great looking card thank you for posting

Karen Letchworth said...

I am absolutely SMITTEN with your awesome background. I sure do wish you had shown how you achieved this amazing look. LOVE it. Thanks for sharing your wonderful inspiration in the Scrap 'N Stamp blog hop. I'm really enjoying this hop. God bless you and thanks again for sharing your talent with us all.

Denise Bryant said...

Love the background and the sentiment! Great masculine card idea!

Ms. H. said...

Love the nautical theme. I am just starting to add this theme to my supplies.

mootseeka said...

Simple but lovely.

Bo Gilmore said...

Hi Allison. I really like your grungy background it looks really cool. I love Lavinia stamps and that is a great idea to make all of the second generation stamping.

Brenda K said...

Great background and a wonderful card!

Leanne S said...

Wonderful birthday card!!

 
09 10