Catherine Pooler Designs ~ Birthday on the Go!

Happy Monday all!  Today I'm sharing a few new products from the Catherine Pooler Designs new release set to hit the store on Wednesday!  This release is call "Birthday on the Go" and it's jam packed full of cute birthday items PLUS two new Spa ink colors.

Let's start off by introducing you to the brand new Spa inks... meet Verbena and Goldenrod.

The new Goldenrod color fits on top of Shea Butter in the Yellow Spa inks and Verbena fits between the Royal Treatment and Lilac inks. A new CP Color Wheel can be downloaded for FREE over in the CP shop!

So today's card features the brand new "Pedaling By" stamp set and it's coordinating die, "Pedaling By Die".

I began by die cutting all of my required elements; the bike frame, two of the full tire images, a couple sets of balloons, a set of banners, the bike's basket and of course, a kitty!

I used Shea Butter, Goldenrod, Lilac, Verbena inks to ink up of my bike and balloon parts.  For the balloon strings, sentiment and the sweet kitty's facial details I used Slate ink. To color in between the spokes of the wheels, I just used some pieces of low-tack tape and inked up the triangles with my CP Blending Brushes.

This is an INTERACTIVE card so I made the bike's wheel rotate! To do this, I cut two small circles on the card front panel directly under the tire centres were located on the bike frame.  Then I added some circular foam pieces through the cut holes, attaching them to the back of the tires and then placing a paper stopper on the back side of the panel so they would stay in place.

Then I used 3D foam to attach the bike frame over top of the tires but not actually attaching it to the tires themselves. This allows the tires to move independently from the frame.

To finish off the card, I attached the basket with the kitty inside, the banner piece and the 4 pairs of balloons to the card front.  I stamped a sweet sentiment from the same stamp set, "Pedaling By" using Slate ink to complete the card.

Make sure to head on over to my Instagram account to check out a short video on my card in action!

Everything you see goes on sale on WEDNESDAY at 9am EST.  If you are a StampNation member, you can shop TOMORROW at 12 noon EST.

Happy shopping!

~ Ally ~

No comments:

 
09 10