Chibitronics ~ Happy 8th Birthday!

Happy Wednesday!   Today I'm sharing my latest Chibitronics creation that I've made this week.

This is a special card today as it's for my nephew's 8th birthday next month.

I start creating my card by stamping, coloring and fussy cutting out the sweet little car from the Magengo  Designs "From Me to You" stamp set.  The background is a cover plate by Catherine Pooler called "Starry Night" as well as the sentiment is from the CP "Best Birthday Yet Sentiments".

The headlights were cut out and backed with vellum and along with the starry background. 

I used the starry die cut out to make a template for my circuit.  This will allow me to position my light stickers accurately on my circuit building surface.  I used the new stencil to locate the position.  I also located the position of my Battery Holder/Switch.

Next I mapped out the pathways of the negative (blue lines) and positive (red lines) of my circuit using pen.

Notice how my negative and positive lines cross.  We will solve this problem very easily.

Next I laid down the Conductive Fabric Tape for the negative side of my circuit.  I began on the bottom side of the self adhesive Battery Holder.

Next I added a piece of paper for a bridge over top of the piece of negative side of the circuit where my tape was going to cross over it.  Then I laid down the positive side of the circuit tape.  I began on the inside of the lid of the Battery Holder.  This allows the lid of the Battery Holder to be pressed to close the circuit and allow the lights to come on - otherwise known as the switch. 

Lastly, to complete the circuit, I added my LED Light Stickers.  I used 2 Yellow LED, 2 White LED, 2 Animating White Blink LED Light Stickers and 2 Animating White Fade LED Light Stickers.

Two White LEDs underneath the moon to reveal the secret number 8.  Two Yellow LEDs in 2 of the little stars in the background.  Two Animating White Fade LED Light Stickers for the other 2 little stars and two Animating White Blink LED Light Stickers for the car's headlights.

I adhered the double sided self-adhering "C" shaped foam inside the Battery Holder and popped in a 3V Coin Battery.

To allow for the bulkiness of the Battery Holder, I applied 3D foam around the perimeter of the circuit panel so the card front closes on the same level as the whole card.

Let's give it test... and REMEMBER... the white light BLINKS on and off for the headlights and the white little stars in the sky FADE in and out!

To find out exactly how I built today's circuit step by step, check out my VIDEO TUTORIAL over on the Chibitronic's YouTube channel... HERE!!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a wonderful week!

~ Ally ~

No comments:

 
09 10