Catherine Pooler Designs ~ Watercolored Bloom

Happy Monday everyone!  We have a brand new Catherine Pooler Designs holiday collection coming to the shop TODAY!  This collection is called Holiday Magic and goes live in the shop at 9 am EST.

Today I'll be sharing projects featuring products from the "Greenery of the Season Bundle"... again!

We're going to start with the stunning "Holiday Spice" patterned paper pack. I pulled this amazing and festive piece of plaid from the pack of amazing patterns to use.  Each pack of CP patterned papers, listed the corresponding ink colors included in that pack of paper - so brilliant for matching ink colors to your projects!

I started by die cutting a piece of white cardstock with the "Petal Connection Cover Plate Die" and applying it to the card base.

Next I cut a wide strip of the plaid paper and using my sewing machine to sew 2 wonky lines across the top and bottom of the patterned paper.  Next I added a bit of water to the sewn edges of the paper and distressed them a bit.  I adhered this paper over the die cut card base.

Next I took out some watercolor paper and stamped my greenery elements from the "Greenery of the Season" stamp set in Icing on the Cake ink.  I then watercolored each element using more CP inks: Wintergreen, Eucalyptus, Samba, and Buttercream.

For the pine boughs, I stamped them in Wintergreen ink and then brushed their needles with water to soften the image.

I just how these pieces of greenery came out - soft and painterly.

Make sure you join Catherine and Erika for all the live action!

You can check out these lovely ladies over on the Catherine Pooler Designs Facebook page or on their YouTube channel.

In honor of the anniversary of September 11th, this collection will go on sale TODAY - TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 10th instead of the normal Wednesday reveal.  The full Holiday Magic collection will go live in the CP Shop at 9am EST.

You're going to love all this holiday goodness!  More card creations coming tomorrow!

Happy shopping!

~ Ally ~ 

No comments:

 
09 10