Chibitronics ~ Feliz Cumpleanos!

Happy Saturday all!

Today I'm sharing a fun interactive light up card featuring some goodies from Chibitronics!  We are going to be creating exclusively with the cool "Craft with Lights Kit - White Lights".

For today's card I used the adorable stamp set, "Birthday Fiesta" from Catherine Pooler Designs. I stamped my image with Memento "Tuxedo Black" ink and colored everything up using Copic Markers.


To begin creating today's card I first created my card base with a 3/8" wide fold in the center of 2 A2 sized panels.  Then I stamped my images onto the front panel and my light up elements on the inside of the panel.  This helps with better placement of the light stickers.

Next I mapped out the circuit on my inside panel to show where the battery will be located, where the light stickers will be placed and how everything is connected to make the completed circuit. I used the handy "Craft Stencil" to help map everything out.

I began my circuit by placing the "Fabric Conductive Tape" from the Craft with Lights Kit over top of the blue lines.  This tape is backed with adhesive and is easy to bend around corners.  It can easily be cut and overlapped to continue a side of a circuit.

Next I created a little house for my battery. To create the battery housing, I used some 3D foam to build 4 walls to hold the batteries tightly.

Next I used a slender piece of copy paper to create a flap to go over the batteries. I wrapped this paper piece with the Fabric Conductive Tape to ensure that the tape makes contact with the top of the batteries. Then I proceeded to follow the red pen line and finish off the remainder of the positive side of the circuit.

I had to create a "bridge" of paper to allow my negative and positive sides of the circuit to cross one another and not touch.

And the final step was applying 3 White LED Light Stickers to complete my circuit.

And now to test it... IT WORKS!!!  Happy Birthday!!!


 For more light up creations, please check out the Chibitronics website!

 See you again soon!

~ Ally ~

No comments:

 
09 10