World Card Making Day with Power Poppy!

Happy World Card Making Day everyone!  Let’s start they day off with a fun challenge from Power Poppy!

Today’s WCMD challenge is to create a card that we LOVE to send!  Me…. I think my all time favourite cards to send out are Christmas cards.  Yes… I know it’s only October but Alberta is already celebrating winter… we received 5 inches of snow the other day!  Craziness right?!?!

So I chose to make a few brand new Christmas cards to share with you today.

First off, I chose to make a relatively easy card first featuring the sweet little chickadee image from the “Tweet Tidings” stamp set released last year.
I kept the design simple.  I think this card would be very easily repeatable if you love to make multiples to send out of your cards.

Next I went a wee bit more complicated with a fun interactive sentiment card.  I used the Lawn Fawn’s new Reveal Wheel die to create this little fella. On the front I have that adorable little snowman from the “Snow Kissed” stamp set.
If you turn the little wheel peeking out on the right hand side, you reveal a total of 4 different sentiments!  The sentiments are from “Merry Littles” and “Bottlebrush Holiday”.  So super cute!

And lastly, I went even more interactive and made a Double Slider card.  This unsuspectingly little square features the little images of the “Cozy Cupfuls” stamp collection.

When you pull on the two tab openings, you reveal even more images and fun sentiments!  I just love playing with cards like these.

In addition to sharing some fun cards today, we also have a great Power Poppy Shop COUPON to share. 

Now…
Christine Okken – go here!

Thanks for joining us today!  Happy creating!

~ Ally ~



Chickadee Card
stamps: Power Poppy (Tweet Tidings)
cardstock: Recollections (110# White & Black)
patterned paperEcho Park (Merry & Bright 6x6)
ink:  Memento (Black Tuxedo), Versamark Ink, Copic Markers
embossing powder: Stampendous! (Gold Detail)

Snowman Talk Card
stamps: Power Poppy (Snow Kissed, Merry Littles, Bottlebrush Holiday)
cardstock: Recollections (110# White)
patterned paperCarta Bella (Santa’s Workshop 6x6)
ink:  Memento (Black Tuxedo), Catherine Pooler Designs (Rockin’ Red), Copic Markers
dies: Lawn Fawn (Reveal Wheel Die, Reveal Wheel Speech Bubble)
other: Stickles (Stardust)

Wintertime Cups Card
stamps: Power Poppy (Cozy Cupfuls)
cardstock: Recollections (110# White), SU! (Pool Party)
patterned paperEcho Park (Merry & Bright 6x6)
ink:  Memento (Black Tuxedo), Copic Markers
dies: Lawn Fawn (Double Slider Die)
other: Spectrum Noir (Sparkle Pen), Nuvo Drops (Simply White), Glossy Accents

44 comments:

Nora Noll said...

Oh my!! All your cards are so beautiful!! I love the little wheel card. It takes so much work, though, I wouldn't want to give it away!!

Debbie Rumpza said...

Oh my word. Your scene with the birdies an cup! So cute! Love that you used the double slider surprise!

Lorna said...

I love all of your cards. Really pretty.

zub momi said...

wow! Amazing cards. Love all of them 💕

Ericka Strange said...

These are so beautiful! Love the interactive snowman. So cute and the birds are beautiful. Great job!

Kay said...

Wintertime cups is my favorite. Awesome coloring.

SD pooja said...

You have brought winter to our homes with your cards..much needed when we are experiencing October heat!!I loved all I of them specially the interactive cards my favorite.

Patti J said...

Nooo! Not snow already ?!? Your cards are just beautiful. Love that snowman! Thanks for sharing :)

Sathya said...

Wonderful winter inspirations! Love the Double slider card a lot!!

Anonymous said...

I got the chills just hearing you already have snow! Love all your shares.

Leanne said...

Beautiful Christmas cards.

Becca Yahrling said...

Your cards are all just AWEmazing beautiful. LOVE the Cardinals (they're my fave type of birdie). Love all the details you put into your cards.
I can't imagine cold weather, let alone so much snow already (well, I do live in So. Florida where it's still stinkin' hot!). lol

Deborah Kaye said...

Your cards are beautiful! The teacup with cardinals is my favorite! So tweet! <3

SusieScrapper said...

Your cards are stunning!

Barbara said...

What is so amazing about these Christmas cards is that I think they would be sent out as a winter "hello" card too. Love the versatility so these stamps.

Diane said...

Ally, I would be thrilled to receive any one of these three cards! So pretty!

Lisa said...

I'm so jealous about the snow!! Here in Alaska we are having record warm temps for this time of the year and I'm so depressed about it. This time last year we had light snow :(

Your cards are fabulous!! The interactive cards are too cool!

CardUm said...

Very beautiful cards. I most like the card with the snowman. Wonderful idea!

Marianne said...

These cards are all so sweet, Ally. Christmas cards are also my favourite cards to make, even though we don't see snow here, except on the tops of the mountains here on Crete. Right now, we're still enjoying day temperatures up to 25 °C. The tourist season ends at the end of October.

Robyn Oliver said...

Fabulous cards Alison, so clever to make two interactive.. the slider one is amazing, happy WCMD

Macimbalo said...

Great Christmas card! Happy WCMD 2018!!!

Jeannean said...

Love your samples! The birds are my favorites, but the one with changing sentiments brings me back to childhood memories!!

Beverly said...

Oh my goodness, these are all spectacular!

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful cards! I really love that double slider card!

Linda Carson said...

Fabulous Christmas cards! Each one is so creative and unique!

Jean said...

Happy WCMD! Such beautiful cards! Thank you for the inspiration!

Abby said...

Great cards!

Traci M said...

Hi Ally!! You’ve made awe inspiring cards with three of my favorite sets!! I love the way you’ve colored these up and the interactive addition is just over the top! So very pretty and festive! Thank you so much for the inspiration and happy WCMD!!

Mary Holshouser said...

Fantastic cards. Love the double-slider
card. I have to make one of those.
the snowman card is cute - interactive
cards are a lot of fun.
thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

cghundley said...

Terrific bunch of
cards. Love the
interactive ones,
especially the
double slide card.
Carla from Utah

Parker said...

What I like the best out of all your pretty cards is the top one with the single bird chirping away. Seeing the flowing musical notes near the beak is so wonderful. I've never seen any other card like this.

Shylaashree said...

beautiful cards and happy card making day

Marsha said...

Love all your cards. The bird is so sweet and I love snowmen.

Helen said...

Your cards are just lovely, Ally! So good to have some Christmas cards put away. Love all the birds! So clever with the colourful backgrounds really showing off the cute images! Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Jan Vint said...

Beautiful cards, and beautifully colored. I love the Christmas tree in a cup, and all of the adorable birds!

New Creations said...

Stunning! I love the interactive elements on both! How sweet! Happy World Card Making day!

Angelnorth said...

Fabulous collection of cards, I love the talking snowman especially!

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

Gorgeous cards and what a great day to get a start on the holiday cards! Cheers.

Unknown said...

Love all of the cards but the snowman is my fave!

Nan0807 said...

Gorgeous cards! Love then all.

Lisa K said...

I saw your post yesterday, but never made it to the blog to comment. Snow! Way too early. It sure looks pretty. Love your cards. Interactive cards are so much fun. Thanks for sharing them.

Kathy J in Ellicott City said...

Great cards! Love the one with the pull outs!

MadeByMeghanK said...

GREAT CARDS! I love the interactive ones! So much fun!

TracyM #6773 said...

WONDERFUL cards!
LOVE all your designs, especially the SUPER COOL snowman ... I have a hearty addiction to interactive cards!
Christmas are 2nd on my list behind birthday cards :)

 
09 10