Just One Ink and Some Shimmer!

Happy Friday everyone!  I hope you’ve all had a great week!  I’ve been lucky this week, I’ve actually had a lot of creative mojo.  I actually have a few Christmas card tutorials coming your way…. stay tuned!

This Tuesday on the Power Poppy Blog Julie posed her newest challenge… Sparkle in the Shade…
To see more on the challenge details, click here.

So I thought I would play along with her challenge this week!  So keeping in the holiday card making mood I was in, I chose the beautiful “Glitter House Village” from our previous holiday stamp release.  Aren’t the details gorgeous!!?!?

I wanted to use some Vintage Photo Distress Ink to stamp my image.  I love the look of the Distress Ink blending with that rich Prussian Blue Brusho pigment!  Isn’t it amazing?!?

Here’s a close up of the Fine Tec “Pearl Silver” paint I added to some of the snowy bits of the image…

Hey… don’t forget to check out my Inspire Me Monday post from this week too! 
You can find it here!  I used some Distress Oxides to create a fun back drop for my delicate vellum stamped images.  This would be a great technique for some simple holiday cards!

Thanks for taking the time to gander at my card creation!  See you again soon!

~ Ally ~
 


stamps: Power Poppy (Glitter House Village)
cardstock: Acquarello (140# Extra White Watercolor)
ink:  Ranger Distress (Vintage Photo), Brusho (Prussian Blue), Sakura (Calligraphy Gold)

paint: Delta (White Acrylic), Fine Tec (Pearl Silver)
dies: Spellbinders (Labels 25, Majestic Labels 25)
embossing powder: Stampendous! (Gold Detail)

2 comments:

Linda Pekrul said...

Oh my gosh Ally!!! You've knocked it out of the park with this one! Totally, totally stunning!!!

Julie Koerber said...

This is absolutely breathtaking... just Wow! You my friend, are a pure talent and this card just made my jaw drop. I had to stare at it just to see how you did what you did. We might need to have to do a re-do and just watch you color this up. Beautiful beyond words!

 
09 10