StampNation ~ Extra Frosting

Today begins a new Weekend Challenge over at StampNation!

This new challenge is all about "sweet treats" and I went whole hog on creating a delicious cupcake birthday card.

I used lots of fun Catherine Pooler Designs products for today's card.

I began by creating my background using the cool "Gradient Diamond Stencil".  I used Limoncello, Tiki Torch, Oh Boy! and Something Borrowed inks to create the gradient of color.

Then I created my yummy cupcake.  I used the delicious "Extra Frosting" stamp set to create it.  I used all colors of inks for this: Limoncello, Tiki Torch, Lime Rickey, Oh Boy!, Something Borrowed, Samba, Buttercream, Sand Castle and Icing on the Cake inks.

For the sentiment, I used Icing on the Cake ink and the fun sentiment, also from the "Extra Frosting" stamp set.  I cut it out with the fun pinked edge die from the "A Cut Above Die".  It looks more whimsical on the corner that way!

I used a single red Copic Marker to add some detail shading to the cherry and polka dots to the cupcake liner.

Finally I added some fun leaves on the card.  These are from the "Fall Finds" stamp set.

For these leaves, I used Lime Rickey, Oh Boy! and Tiki Torch inks.  The blue ink intensifies that green to tone it down a bit and the orange ink just adds a little bit of interest to them.

Overall, an enjoyable card to make!  This card is already off to a fun, crafty friend.

I hope you'll come and join us!

~ Ally ~

No comments:

 
09 10