Catherine Pooler ~ Ahoy Matey Shaker

Happy Thursday!  Today I'm sharing the fun card I created for my StampNation PenPal for June.

So every month over at StampNation we host a monthly themed PenPal.  This month's inspiration is a mood board with all kinds of inspiration: beaches, sunsets, bicycles, sailing and all things summer...

So I decided to use my "Ahoy Matey" stamp set and go the sailing or water direction for my card.

I started by making a shaker element.  I stamped and die cut out the circular rope image from the "Lots of Knots" stamp set and coordinating die.  I stamped the rope in Samba ink. I stamped a few fish images from the "Ahoy Matey" stamp set in Something Borrowed and Fiesta Blue inks and die cut them out and added them to the inside of my shaker element with some new "Nova Scotia Sequins".


Next I created my card front panel cutting some fun patterned papers from the "Bar Harbor" paper pack.  I even stitched on my blue & white stripped paper!


Finally I stamped the sweet little nautically dressed Otter and lobster from the "Ahoy Matey" stamp set and colored them up using Copic Markers.  I die cut each of them out with their coordinating dies and added them on to my card front.

The last element I added was a sentiment!  And voila... a card fro PenPal was complete!

I hope you like my card!  Have a great rest of the week!  Now go and create something to share!

~ Ally ~

 

No comments:

 
09 10