Happy Friday Flourishes friends! Can you believe there are only 81 days until Christmas? In a few days we'll be giving you our October edition of new Flourishes Stamps all with a Christmas theme. And because we know you want a chance to win these beauties, this month we have a Color Challenge with a twist! Your challenge is to create a Christmas Design WITHOUT the use of the color Red or Green!
Get creative and give all of those other colors in the wheel a chance to show their holiday style! Play in the challenge and you could win our whole October Release! Your keyword for entering into online galleries is FLLCOCT13.
THE OFFICIAL RULES:
- Simply create a Christmas themed card or project without the colors of Red or Green in the design.
- Entries need to be in by Friday October at 11th at 5 PM EST.
- Those entries using Flourishes Stamps will be counted twice.
- You must link your creation on our InLinkz Widget to be counted.
- You must have a link to our challenge in your blog post or gallery post.
- Please DO NOT combine challenges from other sites or locations. Only those entries that don’t combine will be in the running. Because this challenge means winning new Flourishes sets we want to see your beautiful creations made specifically for this challenge.
- If you upload to SCS please use the keyword FLLCOCT13.
- We’ll announce the winners on Saturday in our Winner’s Circle Post here on the blog on Saturday October 12th, so check back then to find out if you are a winner!
I have to say the colour that immediately popped into my mind was PURPLE! My favourite colour by far! So that's the colour I wanted to highlight on my non-Green & Red Christmas card.
For my card creation today I decided to make a Free Standing Pop Up card. You can check out the tutorial at Splicoast right here. I actually modified their card sizing and made my card to approximately 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 folded flat.
I started creating my card base using "Snap Dragon" cardstock from the Crocus collection of our Color Made Easy cardstocks. Then I used "Bonquet" from the same collection to make my tag base and my mats for all my panels. Then I cut all of my panels from Flourishes Classic Ivory cardstock.
All of my stamped images, branches and ornaments, are from the delightful "Holiday Sparkle" stamp set. The greeting is from the new "Snow Scenes" stamp set. I inked up all of the ivory cardstock edges using Ranger's Tea Dye Distress Ink.
All the pretty purple starry stamps are also from the new "Snow Scenes" stamp set. All of the light purple ink is Memento "Lulu Lavender" ink and the dark purple is a chalk ink.
I wrapped the front central panel with some sheer ribbon and our delicious "Lavender" Seam Binding Ribbon from the Crocus Collection and add some die cut snowflakes and little purple gem.
purple, I still think it looks festive. Don't you?
And now for some wonderful Christmas with a Twist inspiration, our Design Team has pulled out all the stops to get your Christmas creativity jump-started:
- Allison Cope ~ you are here!
- Christine Okken
- Cindy Lawrence
- Heather Jensen
- Julie Koerber
- Maki Jones
- Silke Ledlow
- Stacy Morgan
- Tosha Leyendekker
~ Ally ~
Sponsored by: Flourishes LLC
stamps: Flourishes (Snow Scenes, Holiday Sparkle)
cardstock: Flourishes Classic Ivory, Crocus Collection
die cut shapes: Spellbinders
ink: Memento, VersaMagic, Ranger Distress
corner punch: Fiskars