12 Weeks of Holiday Cards - Week 3

Welcome to Week 3 of my 12 Weeks of Holiday CardsYou'll have to excuse my late post today.  Blogger was NOT cooperating with me and my photos for the last 24 hours.

Each Wednesday until Christmas, I will be sharing with you a fun and simple holiday card fit for a quick assembly.  I will share tips, tricks and techniques along the way.  So join me...

USE A SKETCH!

Sketches are a great way to get your creative juices flowing!  Especially when you don't have a "starting point" decided upon for your card.

Today I'm sharing a simple and fun sketch from Splitcoaststampers where I became one of their newest sketch artists for their weekly Wednesday Sketch ChallengesHooray!

Here is today's simple sketch...

So here is a really simple and easy sketch to use!  I matted all of my papers with a dark navy cardstock but you could make it even easier and not bother with matting!
Stamped image from: There She Goes

Don't forget to decorate the inside of your card...

Here's a little more elaborate card with coloured matting, stitching and die cut layers.

Stamped sentiment from: Flourishes

If you have any questions about the materials I used on my cards, just leave a comment and I'll get back to you!  Thanks for stopping by!

~ Ally ~

2 comments:

Misti said...

Congrats, Ally! Your cards are super cute!

Cheryl said...

Congrats, Ally! I would love to know the secret to how you do all you do, AND do it beautifully! These cards are fantastic! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that cute little guy on the ski, and how cool that you paper pieced the ski! The dp on the second card is so pretty! I like Christmas cards in non-traditional colors.

 
09 10