Chibitronics ~ Celebrate Light Up Candle Card

Happy Monday everyone!   Today I'm sharing an interactive card featuring products from Chibitronics.

I decided to design a light up candle card with a shaker element!

We're going to use the new Animating White Fade LED Light Stickers to light up our candle flames today!  These LED Light Stickers come in 4 different forms.  You can buy a 24 or 6 White Fade package OR you can buy them in a combination package of both White and Red Fade LED Light Stickers both in a 6 or 24 package.

I started by die cutting the rectangle of the fun "Preppy Prints" patterned paper.  Then I took the coordinating die for "Make a Wish" stamp set and die cut the 5 candles with the flame shapes.  I traced the flame holes on the circuit panel of the card so I could easily position my stickers within the voids of the flames.  I also stamped the "Push Here" indicator from the Lawn Fawn "Push Here" stamp set to use as the circuit's switch.

Next I backed the candle panel with acetate. Turning the candle panel over, I added some slim 3D Foam strips around each candle and each flame.  I carefully added the Sprinkletz clay pieces in "Orchid" dials and "Fruit Cocktail" pieces and also some matching sequins in each candle and flame.


I backed the panel with another die cut rectangle to trap in all the shaker pieces.

I die cut the "Celebrate Word Die" (retired) by Catherine Pooler twice; once in white cardstock and a second in a diagonal strip from My Favorite Things.

Next I began to map out my circuit.  I used the simple and handy Craft Stencil to trace out the location of my 5 Animating White Fade LED Light Stickers (heart shaped).  Then I located my Battery Holder location and attached that to it's spot.

Next I drew the lines of my circuit.  Starting with the negative side of the circuit, I drew my blue line from the inside bottom of the Battery Holder all the way up to the "pointy" ends of the light stickers.  In this case, they're sharing a single line of the circuit.

Then I drew the red lines of the circuit, the positive side of the circuit.  This circuit is very simple and only requires a single line of Conductive Fabric Tape to complete.

I peeled off the self adhesive backer tape from the cardstock Battery Holder.

Next I added the Conductive Fabric Tape to my circuit.  The negative line is simple!  Straight from the Battery Holder to the light stickers.

The positive line always starts inside the flap of the Battery Holder.  This end of the tape must contact the bottom side of the battery when the switch is activated/pressed.

The final aspect of the card is simple!

First you add your stickers!  Just peel and stick.  Again, I'm using 5 Animating White Fade LED Light Stickers for today's card.  Just make sure to lay the negative ends of the sticker over the negative side of the circuit and the positive over positive. 

And finally, peel the backer off the C-shaped foam and adhere inside the Battery Holder.  This foam holds the 3V Battery in place so it doesn't move around.  Take off the backer paper on the top of the foam C and close the lid of the Battery Holder and test your circuit!

Here's what our card looks like all lit up...


The light passes through the light-weight cardstock and through the lemon clay pieces and orange sequins to make the flames appear yellow in color.

And that's it for today's light up card.  Thanks for stopping by!

~ Ally ~

No comments:

 
09 10