Vivid Music & Life Lessons

This week at Creative Prompts 4U, it was Sue that posted a beautiful album cover by Melee. You can see this visual prompt here.

I took the basic design and attempted to replicate it... well sort of... with my Klic N'Kut, some beautiful stamps and lots of SmoochSpritz colours! This this is SO glittery in real life!!

Photos by Heidi Brand.

The rainbow of colour around the large blue and green circle appears to be paint but in fact, it is a texture medium that I airbrushed with colour from my Copic air brush.

Those fun banner pieces are from my new myStamp BOX set called "Pennants" which is due to release soon. I stamped them in black ink and spritzed them with SmoochSpritz (Clearsnap) sprays to macth my concentric circles.

I also used some cool Chalk Board spray from Tattered Angels in "charcoal" to spray down my doily. Those pretty ferns are stamp from Flourishes. When I went to sew my inner smallest circle to it's black cardstock mat, I discovered that the stitching had gone crazy on the back so I decided to advantage of the boo-boo and pulled a few loops to peek from behind. I think it's a neat effect.

supplies: stamps, myStamp BOX, Flourishes; cardstock, Bazzill, Gina K. Designs; flowers, misc.; brad, BasicGrey; ink, Copic, Memento; misting sprays, Clearsnap, Tattered Angels; texture medium, American Traditional Designs; doily, Paula Dean; alphabet stickers, Scenic Route, Pink Paislee; tools, Klic N'Kut machine; other, thread.

Come and check out what my fellow Creative Crew did with this week's creative prompt.... HERE!
Photobucket

8 comments:

SusieJ said...

Ally - this is awesome! The prompt was amazing and I love the way you've interpreted it.
Hugs,
Sue xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous page!!

Frances said...

This is sooooo cool Ally! I love the pics, the peace sign, and the banner...great layout!

Victoria said...

Amazing! So pretty!
I've GOT to get my hands on that pennant set. You better let me know the DAY it gets released. LOL

Jacquelin said...

Fantastic - you look amazing and your layout shows off both you and your talent!

Sandy Ang said...

How creative !

Heidi Brand said...

I love it Ally!

melody said...

wowza...that is one rawkin kewl lo ally! TOTALLY LOVE IT! and that centre piece...is scrumptious!
fabulous work as always!

and lovin your photos...you're one hot scrappin momma!

 
09 10