Sketchy Saturday

It's Saturday.... time for a new sketch and inspiration at WeScrap!

This week, Tara has created a fabulous single page sketch for you to create with and I got the honour of creating an example to show it off! Here is Tara sketch here and this is what I created using her sketch as inspiration.

First Snow

Since I wanted to showcase the diamond pattern throughout my layout, instead of using a solid mat behind my photo, I created a thin cream mat and then stitched a snowflake transparency over top of it so you can still see the back ground.

Inside the pocket, I added some cool mica flakes from Melissa Frances and also 2 different sizes of clear glitter from Martha Stewart. I wanted a snow effect!

supplies: cardstock, Bazzill; patterned papers, alphabet stickers, shaped stickers, BasicGrey; tool, Klic N' Kut machine; mica flakes, Melissa Frances; glitter, Martha Stewart; pen, Sharpie; transparency: Making Memories; other, thread.

Come and join us today at WeScrap! I'd love to see what you create using Tara's sketch!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Just LOVE that LO! :)

melody said...

wow...........all those cut diamonds..make for a beautiful background! amazing! and love the snowflake detail!

 
09 10