Storybook Collection: Masculine Cards

The whole Storybook Collection from Catherine Pooler Designs has many possibilities of making lots of great masculine cards.

Today I chose the “A Page from the Book” and the “Enchanted Forest” collections to work from.
First I took the leaf from the “Poignant Poppies” stamp set and used it like a fern.  I used the brand new “Lemongrass” ink and combined it with Green Tea and Eucalyptus inks to layer up the leaves.  Then I took the “F as in…” back ground stamp and proceeded to ink up just spots and stamp them over the leaves.


I stamped another leaf image on it’s own and die cut it with the coordinating “Poignant Poppies Dies” and added a “Have Courage Word Die” cut from Chocolate Cardstock.

For my second masculine card today I kept this card fairly simple.  Simple colours. Simple Design. Simple coloring.


I used the oak leaves and crested bird stamp from the “Fluttering Friends” stamp set and used their coordinating dies, “Fluttering Friends Dies”, to cut them out.

To color in my little red Cardinal inspired birdie, I used “Rockin’ Red “ and “Tutti Frutti” ink with my Blender pen to color him in.

Thanks for joining me today!  I hope this inspires you to create some wonderful masculine cards using the stamps, dies and inks!

~ Ally ~



Have Courage Ferns
Stamps: Poignant Poppies, F as in
Cardstock: Premium White, Chocolate Cardstock
Inks: Lemongrass, Green Tea, Eucalyptus, Icing on the Cake, Over Coffee
Accessories: Poignant Poppies Dies, Have Courage Word Die, Twine (Darice)
 
Cardinal Wreath
Stamps: Fluttering Friends
Cardstock: Premium White, Smoke & Mirrors 
Inks: Black Jack, Tutti Frutti, Rockin’ Red
Accessories: Fluttering Friends Dies, Glacier Bay Sequins, Stickles (Star Dust)

No comments:

 
09 10