Timeless Tuesday: All Natural!


Howdy everyone!  It's RELEASE WEEK at Flourishes this week so make sure you check out all the AMAZING new stamps arriving in the Flourishes store beginning today!

For this week's fabulous Timeless Tuesday Challenge, our lovely hostess, Denise, has challenged us to create a card or project using the following photo inspiration...

 ALL NATURAL
FTTC195


For my card this week, I chose to stick with some natural materials... such as Flourishes ivory jute string, linen printed papers, kraft paper and even burlap printed papers!

Just Because

I actually began by stamping my gorgeous sentiment, "Just Because" from this week's new release stamp set by the same name, "Inside & Out: Just Because"!



This set includes the large title sentiment and then multiple smaller accompanying sentiments such as the "I Love You" statement on my card (on the small swatch of red gingham at the bottom).

To create my focal heart, I cut my top heart from a linen patterned paper using Spellbinder's Classic Heart die and then a frame for the heart using kraft paper and Spellbinder's Classic Scalloped Heart die set.  I inked them both up using Ranger's Tea Dye ink. I hand stitched the edges to add that little bit of whimsey.  I cut my doily shape out of Flourishes Classic Ivory Cardstock.


Take a peek at what my fellow Timeless Tuesday designers have created for today…
And this week we're being joined by the Flourishes Design Team.  Make sure you take a moment and leave some love for all these girls today...

You can find all the challenge details at Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge FTTC195.


Supplies: 
stamps: Flourishes (Just Because)
cardstock: Flourishes Classic Ivory Cardstock, Bazzill
patterned papers: Farm House Paper Company, Echo Park
die cut shapes:  Spellbinders, Cherry Lynn Designs
inks: Ranger, Stampin' Up!
accessories: other; brad, pin, safety pin, charm, thread, jute string.
 Photobucket

27 comments:

stampqueen said...

Beautifully rustic!!!

Karen W said...

Beautiful, I love this new set also.

Joan V said...

Ally, this is so pretty. Lots of lovely details on your card. Thanks for sharing.

Silke Ledlow said...

So sweet! Awesome take on the FTTC Allison! Hugs ~S~

Connie MacFarlane said...

Beautiful Allison! Love all of the natural elements.

Connie MacFarlane said...

Beautiful Allison! Love all of the natural elements.

Monica said...

Ooh. The is gorgeous ! I adore the color palette & inking.

Sheri said...

So pretty. Love the antiquing you did on this card.

Tricia T said...

What a warm pretty card! It looks like an inviting kitchen to me!!

Tricia

Colleen said...

Ally,
This is very pretty, just my style with the sponging and the cozy rustic look.

ChristineCreations said...

Oh Ally, so gorgeous, and so many pretty details! The folded corner, the warmth of the sponging and stitching...really sweet

Amanda said...

OMGOSH Ally!! This has got to be my favorite card you have made so far!! I am so in love with your details, the colors and the whole design :) It's another exceptional card and I am so glad you're on the team! :)

~ Amanda :)

Emily Keaton said...

Wow, this is a beauty! I just love all of those neutrals!

Stacy Morgan said...

Country at heart (no pun intended) and charming as all get out! This is darling Allison!

TLady said...

Allison!
I LOVE your card! Your heart looks like a COOKIE! ( I'm finally getting that heart die for Christmas too! It's taken me long enough! LOL) I LOOOOOOOOVE your card!!!!!!! The little bent corner..., the safety pin, stick pin, charm, YOUR STITCHING is FABULOUS!!!!!!!! :) I could go on & on! EVERY ELEMENT is PERFECT!!!!!!!! :)

Carol Dee said...

Great card, so much wonderful detail and interest.

Broni said...

Ally, I LOVE the warmth of these colors and the homespun feel with the twine and stitching. Most of all I LOVE how you trimmed out the sentiment!!

Mary-Anne V said...

Love the layers and the rustic feel of the card.

Sue D said...

Love the homespun look!

HappyCrafter said...

This is gorgeous, I love the country vintage feel to it.

Julie Koerber said...

Ingenious! Love this shabby chic feel and the way you literally wove it all together! TOO FUN!

Nancy said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

Carole said...

Wonderful card Allison.

Cindy Haffner said...

Perfect Allison!!!

Ravengirl said...

Love the gingham and the overall country feel!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Fabulous card! LOVE that heart with the doily, and the way you cut out the sentiment!

Unknown said...

an absolutely amazing work of art! Exquisite!

 
09 10