You Mean the World to Me!

The moment I saw this week's Mojo Monday card sketch; #97 I knew exactly what I was going to do!

I grabbed one of my 3 inch Clear Scraps "Circles" given to us to create with for this month at myStamp BOX and my Copics and set to work.

First I went and found a "cartoon" image of the Earth and resized it in Photoshop to 3 inches and printed it out on my computer. I peeled off the protective covering off of the Clear Scraps shape and used my Copic airbrush to colour the water of my image. I wasn't too worried about colouring the land areas on the image as I knew the green Copic marker would take it off as I coloured the land areas in. I quickly coloured the land masses with two different coloured green Copics.

I traced the 3 inch circle on my card to figure out the positioning of the image and then I took some green ink and stamped on my leaves from the myStamp BOX "Floating Leaves" stamp set. I masked them using some Post It notes and air brushed them with a soft yellowy-green Copic colour.

I created a greeting in my photo editing program on the computer and then I die cut a label shape from my Spellbinder's Nestabilites and ran it through my computer printing the sentiment on it.

I wrapped a thin piece of green ribbon around my card, taping it underneath the Earth image then I adhered my Earth arcylic piece down (that I had backed with a white piece of cardstock) and added my sentiment on. A few plastic half beads from the dollar store and voila.....

You Mean the World To Me

Click the image to enlarge it.

A close up of the layers....


I hope you enjoyed this quick tutorial for using Copics with your acrylic pieces.

supplies: cardstock, Micheal's; acrylic circle, Clear Scraps; stamps, myStamp BOX; ink, Copic, Palette; die cut label, Spellbinder's; tools, Copic airbrush; plastic beads, dollar store.
Photobucket

7 comments:

Gwen said...

oh what a cute idea!! love this!! :)

Victoria said...

Wow! That's so amazing!

ellen s. said...

what a great idea! looks amazing!

Theresa Momber said...

Great idea! This is awesome!

Jess said...

ohhh this is so beautiful!!! one of my favs!

B said...

What an awesome idea! It looks really cool!

Anonymous said...

You are so talented....always coming up with original ideas

 
09 10