I love markers!

Yesterday, DS, DH and I went to Edmonton. DH was looking at some equipment we needed for the house that we couldn't find anywhere closer to home (6 hours away). The night before, I Googled a bunch of scrapbooking places to plug into the GPS just in case we had some extra time in the city.

After seeing the piece of equipment we went to see in Edmonton, we drove to The Urban Scrapbook store where I met the two wonderful owners, Lori and Pat, signed a few copies of Scrapbook and Cards Today magazines for some lucky customers and had a lovely chat. They have the funkiest "man chair" in their store and the BEST area for your kids to play!! I wish I lived closer!!!! I picked up some fun alphabet stickers and their July kit that was packed with some SEI products I've been dieing to use.

We then made one last stop at Delta Art & Drafting Supplies, a store that carries an incredible amount of artist supplies. This is where I found the deal I had been waiting for.... Copics.... on sale!!! So I treated myself to a large set of 72 as a belated birthday present and saved $226 because they were on sale!!!! This is the set I got.... set C. The original set had 5 sketch markers I had in my collection at home (it pays to bring your Copic colour chart with you to know what you have and don't have) so the owner of the shop let me exchange the 5 duplicate markers I already had for 5 I needed! I will certainly be shopping there again in the future!
Hope you're having a great weekend!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Zoe said...

Oh My So Jealous!!! I own a little set of Copics and just love them!

Victoria said...

Wowsers!!!! Lucky you. I don't even have one copic marker...I feel super deprived! :P

Next time you're in Edmonton another good store is Treasured Memories. I love Urban Scrapbook too!

Unknown said...

Bwahhh! That's awesome. I have yet to get my hands on a copic!

Jess said...

I'm so sad you were here and I missed you! Make sure you let me know next time you make the trip!

Nathalie said...

Wow! I am drooling over that giant box of markers!!!!

 
09 10