Celebrations and Introductions!

So I managed to have a pretty good birthday yesterday. It was basically a simple and normal Monday except for eating chocolate cake for breakfast....YUM!

Most of my celebrations actually took place in the last week or so. My parent's took me and my entire family out for lunch last weekend. We went to Jack Astor's and I had the most amazing chicken dish. I got a summer clothes shopping spree and some good ol' cash from my parents and I got a delicious stamp set and some new scrapbook albums from my little sis and her boyfriend.

My darling husband took me out for dinner, just the 2 of us on Saturday. He managed to ask our friend next door to look after Spencer for the evening so we could go alone together... SO sweet. He asked me where I wanted to go to celebrate and I stated to him, "No KFC, no McDonald's, no Wendy's, No Harvey's, no drive through's, no pizza.... I want a sit down dinner with at least 2 courses. And I want it to be a surprise.... don't tell me." So he managed to surprise me and take me to a great restaurant in Erieau called "Molly & OJ's". We had the most delicious meal of my life... 3 courses.... We had the Seafood Platter for Two. I had shrimp cocktail (he had escargot), a seafood ceasar salad (crab meat & shrimp) and our main entree consisted of a baked potato, mixed vegetables, filet mignon with peppercorn gravy, 2 HUGE snow crab legs and a lobster tail with drawn butter for dipping!!! We ended up taking the filet mignon home for lunch the next day!

I got a few phone calls to wish me a happy birthday too. One from my Mom, who's in Newfoundland taking a quilting course this week, one from Dad and one from my best friend in Barrie. So nice that everyone called.

And the exciting part of the day was that I started a new business venture with my sketch blog, So Sketchy!. Check it out here.

Overall, a pretty good day!

13 comments:

Jscraps4u said...

OMG!!! What an incredible birthday and that dinner...WOW!!! I'm glad you had a great day!

Megan Aaron said...

yum! cake for breakfast! Happy Birthday again! and good luck on your sketch blog venture

Shawna said...

Chocolate cake for breakfast is definitly ok on your birthday!....and sometimes when its not haha

Pat said...

That dinner sounds so wonderful!! Glad you had a great b-day.

Tania said...

happy Birthday!!

Marnie said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate your Birthday! Your dinner sounded amazing!

Colleen said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday and I know how great it is to go out just the 2 of you!!

rajah1116 said...

sounds like fun! I just added your blog to my favs, so look for some stuff from me! LOL

Jennifer said...

Happy belated birthday!

teresamatz said...

MMmmmm chocolate cake makes the bestest breakfast! Glad you had a awesome birthday! (off to check out the sketch site)

Anonymous said...

Glad you had an awesome birthday! The dinner sounds so mouth watering, YUM!!! I'm so excited about your business too!! I can't wait to see what you have to offer in the newsletters!!

Jens Place in Space said...

that dinner sounds so yummy and chocolate cake mmmmmmmmm

Jayme Downs said...

Sounds like a marvelous birthday!!!

 
09 10