Here’s how I began my cards today. All the supplies with the exception of the circle and scalloped circle dies are found in the Stamp of Approval ~ Holiday Magic collection.
1. I took a piece of thick white cardstock and covered it with strips of 1” Soowang Tape. Then I die cut circles from the strip of sticky paper.
2. Next I took the large loopy snowflake from the CAS-ual Friday Stamps dies and “cut” the top layer of the tape side of the circle. Because the cardstock was a little thicker, the die didn’t cut right through the tape and paper which is what you want.
3. Then I used my craft knife and carefully picked up the tape backing paper for just the snowflake shape. Since I used multiple stripes of tape, I had some joints of backing paper to contend with but that’s okay! It’s comes off pretty easily with the sharp end of my knife.
5. Then I tapped off the excess glitter into the garbage and then took a used dryer sheet and wiped any remaining glitter from the top of the circle.
6. Then I carefully removed all of the remaining backing paper on the entire circle. I began applying my darkest glitter colour towards the center of the snowflake.
7. I continued to add 2 more colours of lighter glitter, creating concentric circles of colour. You do not need a lot of glitter to do this!
8. I used my finger again, starting in the center of the snowflake and began pressing the glitter into the sticky adhesive. I continued to press the glitter in circles until the surface felt smoother. It will never be completely smooth. I tapped off the excess glitter.
I did add a bit of hairspray to the top of each circle to help keep the glitter in place. If you really want to keep everything in place you could add a layer of Glossy Accents over top to trap all the glitter pieces but you’d have to allow this to dry thoroughly.
I also experimented with a few other colour combinations as well.
Here’s a purple glitter one…
And my favourite one, a pink one in honour of Catherine’s favourite Christmas card colour!
And don't forget to decorate the backs of your cards...
And one last thing…
Do you want a chance to WIN the
new January 2016 Stamp of Approval box
BEFORE you can buy it?
Well… you have THREE chances. Check out Catherine’s blog HERE for more details on how you can win this new box of goodies!!!
Thanks for stopping by today!
~ Ally ~
stamps: Snowy Sayings (CAS-ual Fridays Stamps – SOA)
inks: Teal – (Simon Says Stamp SSS: High Dive,Spring Rain, Mint Candy, Lake Shores), Purple (SSS: Wisteria, Memento: Elderberry, Lulu Lavender), Pink (SSS: Hollyhock, Memento: Angel Pink, Grey Flannel)
paper: Recollections 110lb White Cardstock, Vellum, Stampin’ Up! (Basic Grey, Bermuda Bay), Bazzill (purple)
dies: CAS-ual Friday Stamps (Snowflakes – SOA), MFT (Stitched Circles), Spellbinders (Classic Scalloped Circles)
glitter: Martha Stewart