We hope you've had a great summer Flourishes Fans! Now as we see the days turn the corner into deep blue skies, colorful leaves and cooler nights we see that Autumn is nearing! Many of us get back into "stamping shape" in the fall and this is the perfect challenge for you, turning your fingers to some paper crafting fun! In just a few short days we'll be unveiling our beautiful September Release of FIVE sets, and playing in this challenge is your chance to win our whole September Release! Want to know how? All you need to do is create a Shaped Card OR a 3D Item.
You can either create a card using any non-standard shape (we encourage you to think creatively), or a lovely box, ornament, home decor item, or anything 3D....it's all up to you! Your keyword for entering into online galleries is FLLCSEP13.
THE OFFICIAL RULES:
- Simply create a shaped card (not a standard rectangle) OR 3D object.
- Entries need to be in by Friday September at 13th at 5 PM EST
- Those entries using Flourishes Stamps will be counted twice
- You must link your creation on our InLinkz Widgit to be counted
- You must have a link to our challenge in your blog post or gallery post
- Please DO NOT combine challenges. Only those entries that don’t combine will be in the running
- If you upload to SCS please use the keyword FLLCSEPT13
- We’ll announce the winners on Saturday in our Winner’s Circle Post here on the blog on Saturday September 14th , so check back then to find out if you are a winner!
Howdy everyone! It's my first official day with the Senior team! Thanks ladies for helping me feel welcome.
I couldn't decide to create either the shaped card or the 3D item so I made both to share with you today! First off I created this cute little 3D haunted house. I'm going to put it on the shelf below my mirror in the front hallway for the haunting season.
Silhouette Cameo pattern and black cardstock. I embossed the roof and then inked it up with white ink to show the "shingles". Then I added some fun stamped elements from the "Witching You a Happy Halloween" stamp set. I added a cute little "Happy Haunting" banner at the top of the house peek, 2 cute little bats flying over the house and a sweet little jack o'lantern in front.
Next I created a fun shaped card... a CAULDRON CARD! I cut the cauldron out using my Silhouette Cameo and then added some stamped details.
Classic White Cardstock using "Tuxedo Black" Memento Ink. Then I coloured in my images using the following Copic Collections:
I even added some sparkle to my card. I used some Ranger's Crackle Medium for my green witches brew!
I added a simple greeting to the inside!
And now for some wonderful shaped inspiration, our Design Team has pulled out all the stops to get your creativity jump-started:
- Allison Cope - you are here!
- Christine Okken
- Cindy Lawrence
- Heather Jensen
- Maki Jones
- Silke Ledlow
- Stacy Morgan
- Tosha Leyendekker
~ Ally ~
Sponsored by: Flourishes LLC
stamps: Flourishes (Witching You a Happy Halloween)
cardstock: Flourishes (Classic White & Black), Coredinations, Bazzill
embossing folders: Spellbinders
die cut shapes: Silhouette
ink: Memento, Copic, Versamark
embossing powder: Stampendous!
crackle medium: Ranger
other: vellum, wire.