For this week's Timeless Tuesday Challenge at Flourishes, our lovely hostess is Deborah this week! Deborah is challenging us to...
...create a project with DISTRESSING!
Let's get "In Distress"!
I had a lot of fun with this challenge this week! Here is what I created for Deborah's fabulous challenge this week...
- I took a piece of Flourishes Classic White Cardstock, using Memento "Black Tuxedo" ink, I stamped 4 of the different sentiments from the new "Chrysanthemum" stamp set all over it. I even stamped them upside down for interest!
- Then I used a stencil and applied some areas of 3D molding paste to give the card front texture.
- Then I rubbed on some Ranger "Tattered Rose" ink using an Ink Blending Tool.
- Then I applied a heavy layer of gesso using a brush.
- While the gesso was quite wet, I took a damp sponge and wiped off some of the gesso to reveal the colour and stamping.
- Next I took some dark pink Ranger ink; rubbing it in some spots and not others.
- Then I added some "aging" to the back ground with some darker brown ink.
- And finally, I added some fun metallic bronze paint to the raised portions and edges of the back ground for that touch of sparkle!
For my focal image I used the rather fabulous chic lady in the veil from the "Glamour Girls" stamp collection! I cut my shape from Flourishes Classic White Cardstock using the amazing Glamour Girls Silhouette Cut File, and then I stamped my image using Memento "Black Tuxedo" ink. I coloured her in using all of the fun Distress Inks I used to create my back ground!
To give her some focus, I popped my fabulous gal up onto a vellum cut of our Perfectly Pierced Victorian Ovals! I love how the vellum allows you to peek at the back ground behind!
For a touch of colour and texture I wrapped my card front with "Basque Red" Seam Binding Ribbon, a piece of White Floral Venice Lace and quite couple of loops of the Ivory Jute!
Now... take a moment and check out my fellow DT member's creations this week...
- Allison Cope ~ you are here!
- Broni Holcombe
- Cheryl Lea
- Deborah Anton
- Jenny Gropp
- Judy Rozema
- Marie Ross, our August guest designer
Sponsored by: Flourishes LLC
stamps: Flourishes (Chrysanthemum, Glamour Girls)
cardstock: Flourishes, Bazzill
corrugated cardboard: K & Company
die cut shapes: Flourishes/Spellbinders
ink: Memento, Ranger
3D molding Paste: American Traditional Designs
other: vellum, pins, flower.