The month of August has rolled in and many of us are beginning to think ahead to Autumn (oh Summer, please stay a little longer!). How about we throw a fun color challenge at you that mixes Summer and Autumn colors together and challenge you to create something with the potential to WIN our August New Releases! Here are the colors:A lovely teal, a rich rust and a neutral gray. What we love about this challenge is that all of these colors can be found in our Flourishes Color Made Easy Collections. Emerald Coast, Terra Cotta and either Cool Neutrals or Tonal Neutrals, isn't that great? Some of the Flourishes Design Team were blessed to be able to gather together just a few weeks ago in Yellowstone National Park for a wonderful weekend. We realized that there was some beautiful scenery right in front of us that matched the colors of our challenge this month, so we thought we'd show that off to you as well...
Hi everyone. Ally here! Isn't Christine's photo above amazing?!! One day I'm going to see that for my very own eyes.
Here's what I did with our challenge today...
To create my focal image, I first die cut a piece of Flourishes Classic White Cardstock using the Spellbinder's Perfectly Pierced Classic Window die. I layered with two fussy cut images from the glorious autumn inspired stamp set, "Autumn Blossoms". I stamped my simple greeting using Memento "Potter's Clay" ink.
Here's a close up...
I coloured in my blooms using the following Copic Collections:
(Y15, Y17, YR18, YR61, YR65, YR68, G000, G24, YG93, YG95, E71, E74, E77)
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my Autumn Color Inspiration!
Now, for some lovely card inspiration with these colors, here's what the Design Team has to show off…
- Allison Cope <== you are here!
- Christine Okken
- Cindy Lawrence
- Heather Jensen
- Julie Koerber
- Maki Jones
- Silke Ledlow
- Stacy Morgan
- Tosha Leyendekker
- Simply create a card using these colors in the graphic above.
- Entries need to be in by Friday August 16th at 5 PM EST.
- Those entries using Flourishes Stamps will be counted twice.
- You must link your creation on our InLinkz Widgit to be counted.
- You must have a link to our challenge in your blog post or gallery post.
- Please DO NOT combine challenges. Only those entries that don't combine will be in the running.
- If you upload to SCS please use the keyword FLLCAUG13.
- We'll announce the winners on Saturday in our Winner's Circle Post here on the blog on Saturday August 17th, so check back then to find out if you are a winner!
~ Ally ~
Sponsored by: Flourishes LLC
stamps: Flourishes (Autumn Blossoms)
die cut shapes: Flourishes, Cheerylynn Designs
ink: Memento, Copic
ribbon, string: Flourishes