Masking .... a Long Road Home

I few weeks back I bought some of the Tattered Angels new "Glimmer Masks" in both the "winter trees" shapes and winter themed shapes called "vintage ice".



I finally got a chance to use them for the first time last night on a page I created for a sketch challenge on SIS (Scrap in Style) by "GretchenMac".

I first masked the majority of the yellow border around the base of the page with some Post-it-Notes. Then I placed my tree mask on my page and lightly sprayed on my "Frost" coloured Glimmer Mist. I carefully lifted up the mask and wiped it between applications of mist. I think it actually turned out pretty good considering I created it at 11pm at night.

Supplies:
PP: Jenni Bowlin, Teresa Collins. Bling: Prima. Letters: American Crafts, Making Memories. Stamps: Sweet n'Sassy Stamps (leaf), Pine boughs (Gina K. Designs), Autumn Leaves (flourish). Ink: Ranger, Staz-On. Other: clear embossing powder, office supply store tag.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Lauren said...

I really like this!

Laura Gilhuly said...

I love how it turned out! So pretty!

Chrissy D said...

This is a stunning page, Ally! Love the design and your embellishments! OUTSTANDING! TFS!

melody said...

wow..love that masking ally..so yummy! beautiful lo

crazy4scrappin said...

I love your layout...the masks are gorgeous...great job Ally.

 
09 10